[comp.lang.ada] INFO-ADA Digest V91 #139

munck@STARS.RESTON.UNISYS.COM (Bob Munck) (05/31/91)

In V91 #139, pyrdc!grebyn!ted@uunet.uu.net (Ted Holden) writes:

>Future medium-large systems will be parallel machines made from these
>same microchips, ...

One of my most reliable clues to deep-seated technical ignorance is the
use of the word "microchip." I have never (before) heard anyone who
turned out to have the barest smattering of knowledge of technology use
it. I'm actually surprised! Has my hypothesis proven wrong?

Speaking of hypotheses, I have a vague recollection of seeing messages
from Ted over on sci.space or sci.physics vigorously defending the
theories of Emmanual Velikovsky. I saw a great debate in 1963 between
Velikovsky and Leon Cooper (of the Nobel-winning BCS team and my advisor
at the time) and other members of the Brown facility. It was my first
clue that rationality and sanity are not the same thing. I now believe
that Ted Holden IS Emmanual Velikovsky; that's why you never see them
together.

I'd hate to post to this mailer without mentioning Ada.

Bob Munck