[net.movies] artist & title query

shore@adobe.UUCP (Andrew Shore) (09/23/85)

Does anyone know the title and artist of the song used in the
opening credit sequence of the movie "Desperately Seeking Susan"?
I believe that it was some old Motown girl-group.

Also, anyone know the artist of the old song "Want Ads"
(Gonna put it in the want ads, I need a man that's true ...)?

Thanks in advance,
--Andy Shore
  {decwrl glacier sun}!adobe!shore
  adobe!shore@glacier.ARPA

steven@ism70.UUCP (09/24/85)

The song is "The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)" and it was
performed by Betty Everett.

The song also appears in a scene in "Exposed" where Nastassja
Kinski is alone in her apartment doing a pretty erotic dance
before a full length mirror.

andrew@grkermi.UUCP (Andrew W. Rogers) (09/25/85)

In article <685@adobe.UUCP> shore@adobe.UUCP (Andrew Shore) writes:
>Does anyone know the title and artist of the song used in the
>opening credit sequence of the movie "Desperately Seeking Susan"?
>I believe that it was some old Motown girl-group.

Can't help you here, 'cause I haven't seen the movie... could you hum it?  :-)

>Also, anyone know the artist of the old song "Want Ads"
>(Gonna put it in the want ads, I need a man that's true ...)?

OK, now one I can answer... that was Honey Cone (Hot Wax, 1971).  Saw
that one quoted just the other day in an article about dating through
the "personals"!

BTW, Honey Cone's lead singer, Edna Wright, is the sister of the Crystals'
lead singer, Darlene Love.

AWR