[net.music] A Love-Hound meets Steve Morse

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (10/25/85)

Well, I decided to check out Steve Morse, since it unarguable that he's
the greatest guitarist ever and after all his new album is the only
progressive music to come out all year.  So I went down to WMBR and
threw his new album on one of the turtables in A-Control.  The first
song was entitled "Book of Dreams", so I thought, "Gee, this might have
something to do with Wilhelm Reich and then I could play it along with
KB's 'Cloudbusting', PS's 'Birdland', and HW's 'Orgone Accumulator' on
my radio show."  Unfortunately the title turned out to be false
advertizing.

> From: blickstein@tle.DEC (Dave Blickstein)

> The Rush/Morse tour starts in early December.

Well, that's pretty strange since my impression on hearing "Book of
Dreams" was "Gee, this is like a copy of what Rush was doing ten years
ago, only not as good.  And why?  When we still have Rush to do that?"
I guess I just can't appreciate this year's only progressive music.

And then someone wanted to use the control room, so I didn't get to hear
any more.  Oh well....

			"I still dream of Organon"

			 Doug Alan
			  nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)

hapgood@dosadi.DEC (Bob @DTN 229-6544) (10/31/85)

Re: A Love-Hound meets Steve Morse

Doug Alan says:

>Well, I decided to check out Steve Morse, since it unarguable that he's
>the greatest guitarist ever and after all his new album is the only
>progressive music to come out all year.

>...I guess I just can't appreciate this year's only progressive music.

>...And then someone wanted to use the control room, so I didn't get to hear
>any more.  Oh well....

And I say:

Doug, how many people have you told that in order to appreciate Kate Bush
you have to grin and bear it until you get numb?  As in "I didn't like song
X until the 1000th listen."

Bob

p.s. I might add that I like em both.

ARPA:    hapgood%dosadi.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA
UUCP:    {allegra, decvax, ucbvax}!decwrl!rhea!dosadi!hapgood