[comp.lang.forth] Novix forth chip

biggers@caip.RUTGERS.EDU (Mark Biggers) (11/18/86)

To all,

Where is a good source of info on the Novix forth-machine chip?  And
board-products based on this microprocessor?

thanks, mark
also at {backbone}!princeton!siemens!biggers

mason@tmsoft.UUCP (01/02/87)

I tried to send this out 5 weeks ago, but I don't think it made it.

In article <3906@caip.RUTGERS.EDU> biggers@caip.RUTGERS.EDU (Mark Biggers) writes:

>Where is a good source of info on the Novix forth-machine chip?  And
>board-products based on this microprocessor?

There was an article in "Electronic Design" March 21 1985, plus a short
article in Byte (sometime in the last 2 years) about the Novix NC4000.

I am developing a C compiler for this chip & have a Novix Development system
to play with.  I also have the documentation (although it contains proprietary
info, so there may be limits to what I can say from it).  So I will be able to
answer some questions about the chip.  On the other hand, I am NOT a FORTH
fan or expert, so don't expect my answers from that perspective.  I am also
just getting started on this, so it may be a week or 2 before I can answer
technical questions accurately.
--
	../Dave Mason,	TM Software Associates	(Compilers & System Consulting)
	..!{utzoo!ryesone seismo!mnetor utcsri!ryesone}!tmsoft!mason