[comp.lang.forth] PD FORTH wanted

gp@picuxa.UUCP (Greg Pasquariello X1190) (01/13/88)

I was wondering if anyone could send me, or point me to  a version of Forth
that runs on the IBM PC under DOS, and/or ATT 3B2 under unix.  Source code
would be nice, but it's not necessary.

Thank you in advance.
Greg Pasquariello

ugfailau@sunybcs.uucp (Fai Lau) (01/13/88)

In article <443@picuxa.UUCP> gp@picuxa.UUCP (Greg Pasquariello X1190) writes:
>I was wondering if anyone could send me, or point me to  a version of Forth
>that runs on the IBM PC under DOS, and/or ATT 3B2 under unix.  Source code
>would be nice, but it's not necessary.
>
>Thank you in advance.
>Greg Pasquariello

	Send me a copy too. Thanx.

Fai  Lau
SUNY at Buffalo (The Arctic Wonderland)
UU: ..{rutgers,ames}!sunybcs!ugfailau
BI: ugfailau@sunybcs INT: ugfailau@joey.cs.buffalo.EDU

koopman@A.GP.CS.CMU.EDU (Philip Koopman) (01/15/88)

In article <443@picuxa.UUCP>, gp@picuxa.UUCP (Greg Pasquariello X1190) writes:
> I was wondering if anyone could send me, or point me to  a version of Forth
> that runs on the IBM PC under DOS, and/or ATT 3B2 under unix.  Source code
> would be nice, but it's not necessary.

Mountain View Press carries the widest selection of Forth's I've
seen.  Their version of Forth is MVP-FORTH  (a Forth-79 derivative.)
It is perhaps the most widely used public domain Forth and
available for a very large number of machines, including MS-DOS/PC-DOS.
It also has extensive documentation available, and comes with
complete source code.

Mountain View Press also carries F83, a public domain version of the
Forth-83 standard with significant extensions.  It is not as well
supported as MVP-FORTH, but comes with source code and is gaining
popularity.

You can call Mountain View Press at 800-321-4103 to get a free
catalog.  If you have special needs or want to know more, ask
to speak to Roy Martens (the owner).

MVP will charge you for anything you order, but the products are
public domain, so you can make and distribute as many copies as
you like.  Both products are probably also available from the various
PD-software houses at $3 to $6 per disk, but they won't answer
the phone to give you help if you have a problem with the software
(MVP will provide reasonable support.)

~  Phil Koopman             5551 Beacon St.             ~
~                           Pittsburgh, PA  15217       ~
~  koopman@faraday.ece.cmu.edu   (preferred address)    ~
~  koopman@a.gp.cs.cmu.edu                              ~
~  Disclaimer: I'm a PhD student at CMU, and I do some  ~
~              work for WISC Technologies.              ~
~              (No one listens to me anyway!)           ~