[comp.lang.forth] Forth Plus from Creative Solutions

hea6@sphinx.uchicago.edu (Rodney T. Hearne) (03/10/88)

When my family first bought a Mac 128 (back when that was the only Mac)
my uncle, a main-frame expert, gave me Forth level 1 from Creative
Solutions.  Unfortunately I went to college before I could fully
learn how to use Forth on the mac.  My sophomore year in college
I bought a Mac Plus, but I found that Forth level 1 did not run
on the Plus.  I am eager to learn, however, if Forth Plus would
be recommendable to a beginning programmer like myself.

--
-------------------|	hea6@sphinx.uchicago.edu       |  "Potencial military
Rodney T. Hearne   |	hea6@sphinx.uchicago.bitnet    |  installations...

striepe@Apple.COM (Harold Striepe) (03/17/88)

In article <3672@sphinx.uchicago.edu> hea6@sphinx.uchicago.edu.UUCP (Rodney T. Hearne) writes:

>...  I am eager to learn, however, if Forth Plus would
>be recommendable to a beginning programmer like myself.

I would recommend MACH2 from Palo Alto Shipping for any MAC larger than 512K.
It's a threaded subroutine compiler (big, but fast) supporting double-clickable
applications, multi-tasking (round-robin) etc.
If you are subscribing to GEnie, check into the MACH2 roundtable.