[comp.lang.forth] Forth compiler/interpreter for IBM-PC.

parakh@spring.cs.ubc.ca (Neville J. Parakh) (07/09/88)

Can someone recommend a good public domain Forth interpreter/compiler
for the IBM-PC/AT and information as to where I can find a copy.

                   Thanks in advance ...

ejohanss@wang7.UUCP (Eric Johannson WAVES) (07/10/88)

In article <3369@ubc-cs.UUCP>, parakh@spring.cs.ubc.ca (Neville J. Parakh) writes:

> Can someone recommend a good public domain Forth interpreter/compiler
> for the IBM-PC/AT and information as to where I can find a copy.
>
>                    Thanks in advance ...

I suggest you call the East Coast Forth Board (ECFB) at
703-442-8695 and look for the ff*.arc files.  The ECFB is a very good
source of pd and shareware forths for all machines from vaxen to c64s.
as an extra bonus, the board is an invaluable source of forth information
and opinion.  you will find all kinds of forthers there ranging from
the lean/controller oriented forth to the rich forth on a workstation
crowd.
a note about ff, it is a text file oriented forth that is friendly to
dos.  good luck.

eric johansson
...!ima!wang7!ejohanss