[comp.lang.forth] Fraser Orr, etc.

J1S1443@TAMVENUS.BITNET (THESIS MACHINE) (09/02/88)

writes:

>Baggage, baggage and more baggage. Type checking?! *gag* I don't want

Just remember that statement when you end up chasing an error around and around
because you forgot something!

>Forth is, more than anything else, a language used to implement languages...

An amazing statement! That is what C's ORIGINAL purpose was!!!!

>S/he uses it to build a custom language that suits the application;

That is (from my point of view) a potential sore spot in FORTH. The orignal
programmer writes it, then I may have to maintain it or worse MODIFY it.

>Don't want it. Don't need it. Don't want to pay for it (with money, time,
>memory, or undue complexity). Is this serious enough?

Yep. But can you prove it? Have you tried it. Or in other words, where's the
numbers????

                                                James N. Stricherz
                                                jns1443@tamstar    (BITNET)
                                                Texas A&M University
                                                J.STRICHERZ1       (GEnie)
USPS:Box 4309, College Station, TX  77844
Phone(work):(409) 845-4329

"Bugs are sons of glitches"

! Disclaimer: Huh? Who, me? Nah, I never sent that message! I don't even know !
!             about that discussion group!!! It's not my fault!               !