[comp.lang.forth] C in Forth

wpohl@hvrunix.UUCP (Walter E. Pohl) (12/06/88)

	Does anyone have, or has anyone seen, a C compiler written in Forth?
Particularly a C compiler that generates Forth intermediate code?  (You could
satisfy everyone that way.)

--
				Walt Pohl (Haverford College)
		UUCP:	{rutgers, uunet} !cbmvax!vu-vlsi!hvrunix!wpohl

bae@unisoft.UUCP (Hwa Jin Bae) (12/08/88)

I think about a year ago we had some discussion on a Small-C compiler
for Novix chips which use Forth as assembly language.  I remember also
reading something about this either in DDJ or Micro-C.

Any one know more about this?
--
 Hwa Jin Bae               bae@tis.llnl.gov       (Internet)
 UniSoft                   bae@unisoft.UniSoft    (smail uucp)

kevinbe@microsoft.UUCP (Kevin Berg) (12/10/88)

In article <481@hvrunix.UUCP>, wpohl@hvrunix.UUCP (Walter E. Pohl) writes:
> 	Does anyone have, or has anyone seen, a C compiler written in Forth?
> Particularly a C compiler that generates Forth intermediate code?  (You could
> satisfy everyone that way.)

	This is available for the Harris RTX 2000, Novix NC4000 series, and
perhaps other hardware such as MISC technologies. There are a number of
venders supporting these CPU's.

	I would specifically check with the following regarding "C" language
support on FORTH RISC machines.

Silicon Composers
210 California Ave., Suite K
Palo Alto, CA  94306
(415) 322-8763

Harris Semiconductor
2401 Palm Bay Road
Palm Bay, Florida  32905
(407) 724-7418

   Harris appears to be very committed to supporting the RTX product
line.
   The following company sells a NuBus Novix card and is planning an
RTX NuBus card for 1 qtr 89 (?).

CPSA
166 So. J St.
Livermore, CA 94550
(415) 449-7744

   I do not represent the interest of any above mentioned group :-)

- k