[comp.lang.forth] Forth on the ST

drc@beach.cis.ufl.edu (David Cabana) (12/16/88)

I am looking for a "well-behaved" Forth for the ST.
By well-behaved I mean a Forth which runs under GEMDOS,
reads/writes standard ST files, is relocatable, etc.
Any suggestions?

David Cabana

ejohanss@wang7.UUCP (ejohanss) (12/19/88)

In article <19578@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU>, drc@beach.cis.ufl.edu (David Cabana) writes:
> I am looking for a "well-behaved" Forth for the ST.
> By well-behaved I mean a Forth which runs under GEMDOS,
> reads/writes standard ST files, is relocatable, etc.
> Any suggestions?
>
> David Cabana

i can recommend forthmacs from Bradley Forthware, P.O. Box 4444
Mountain View, CA 94040.

I use it all the time and find it to be the best commerical forth package
for the ST.  It is fully integrated with tos and can run in a gem window.
you can pick up a shareware copy from the East Coast Forth Board
(703)-442-8695  registering it cost 50$  which gets you a user's guide
another 50$ gets you the full source code and metacompiler and yet another
25$ gets you the forthmacs under gem package.

I find it a very reasonably priced package.  Feel free to give me a call
and talk to me about it.

--- Eric Johansson
...!ima!wang7!ejohanss
(508)-667-0137