[comp.lang.forth] Anyone building a RTX 2001 system???

kaliorm@hw-han.UUCP (Mark Kalior) (03/22/89)

Looking for someone to discuss technical issues involed with building RTX 2001
system.  I plan on converting cmForth (used on the Novix 4000) to RTX 2001.
Then changing that to F83 standard.  There are numberous issues (hardware and
software).  I am also looking for mpFORTH (F83 for the Novix 4000).
Am I the only one on this network that is building a Forth system based on the
RTX 2001???????

UUCP: ames!ncar!noao!asuvax!gtephx!kaliorm
Mark Kalior
1729 E. Manhatton Drive
Tempe, Az  85282
USA
602-581-4811 work
602-897-0838 home

wordy@cup.portal.com (Steven K Roberts) (03/25/89)

Mark...
   Have you contacted Silicon Composers?  They make a whiz-bang
board around the RTX... call 415-322-8763.
   Cheers...
   Steve Roberts,
    Computing Across America

gamber@cosmo.UUCP (Johannes Teich) (03/29/89)

In a message of <22 Mar 89 15:26 GMT>, Mark Kalior (kaliorm@hw-han.UUCP) writes:

 > Am I the only one on this network that is building a Forth system based
 > on the RTX 2001???????

Maybe... on this network...  There is a lot of activity around RTX in the
'Forth-Gesellschaft e.V.', Germany. I for my part am not lucky enough to
have time for the RTX at the moment, but I have an RTX developing system
with an 'engeneering sample' RTX2000. At the 'electronica' exhibition
in Munich, Germany (Nov 88), I had a demo running, taking four voices out
of a sine table and feeding a loudspeaker. (Not just sine: each tone
fading by a series of multiplications.)

There's also NC4000 and mpForth in the drawer.

cu Johannes Teich                  UUCP:          unido!cosmo!gamber
                                          D mcvax!unido!cosmo!gamber \
(gamber - that's me)               Fido:                2:507/414.20

rob@idacom.UUCP (Rob Chapman) (03/30/89)

We have designed a system with the RTX2000 from Harris which is the more
expensive pin-compatable brother to the RTX2001 (which I understood from
Harris is not yet available).  It has more stack space and an on board
multiplier.  We developed our own Forth which has a nice mix of ideas from
other Forths (including cmForth).  We also developed an optimizer based on the
optimizer of cmForth.

Since our Forth was developed from pd models, it is pd material.  You could
use this Forth if you want or check in Dr. Ting's MORE ON NC4000 Vol. 10.  It
contains a port of cmForth to the RTX 2000.

rob@idacom