[comp.lang.forth] RTX Board

gamber@cosmo.UUCP (Johannes Teich) (04/23/89)

The German Magazine "mc" (Franzis-Verlag, Muenchen) is introducing a board
(Europe size, 100 * 160 mm) with the Forth Processor RTX2000 (Harris), 8 MHz,
64 Kbyte RAM, 24 I/O lines, and RS-232 interface. Neither PAL nor GAL is
needed. Part I of the article (issue 5/89) describes the RTX architecture.
The board itself will be described in detail next month (6/89, 29-May-89).

  cu                               UUCP:          unido!cosmo!gamber
                                          ( mcvax!unido!cosmo!gamber )
    Johannes Teich                 Fido:                2:507/414.20

gamber@cosmo.UUCP (Johannes Teich) (05/09/89)

In two messages of <24 Apr 89 22:39><30 Apr 89 09:00>, Marc de Groot writes:

  > A colleague of mine informs me that you can tell me more details
  > about a PC board with the Harris RTX 2000 chip. I am a Forth programmer
  > who wants to experiment with the chip.

  > I saw your posting in comp.lang.forth about the RTX board offered by
  > a German company.  Can you please send me more information?  Do you
  > have their address?  Thank you very much.

  > From:    unido!uunet!hoptoad!noe!marc
  > To:      hoptoad!pyramid!unido!cosmo!gamber

Hello Marc (and all people who must read this): I'm sorry, but I've got
my letter (to you) back. So what is wrong with your address?

  > From:    gamber   (Johannes Teich)
  > To:      unido!uunet!hoptoad!noe!marc (external)

Well, let me repeat it here shortly:

I posted the address of "Forth-Gesellschaft e.V." (a non-profit community)
some weeks ago. But you may better contact the manufacturer (Dirk Bruehl) of
that board. The Minibee-MB-RTX2000 costs DM 2000.- , which is about $1060.- .

    Bruehl Elektronik
    Entwicklungs-Gesellschaft mbH             Forth-Gesellschaft e.V.
    Hegelstrasse 10                           Postfach 1110
    D-8500 Nuernberg                          D-8044 Unterschleissheim
    Germany                                   Germany
    Phone ++49-911-359088

I called Dirk Bruehl and gave him your address. I hope he will send you
the documentation. The board has 6.67 MHz (Option 8), 128 Kbyte ROM,
64 Kbyte RAM (1000 Kbyte externally), 5 Volts, 2 Watts, 100 x 100 mm of
size, TTL terminal interface, with a Forth interpreter/compiler (Forth-83).

There will be a new board soon, 100 x 160 mm, about the same price.

Meanwhile, I heard of another new RTX board "WIESEL-2000", 100 x 160 mm,
with prices from DM 2495.- (8 MHz 32K RAM) till DM 4495.- (12 MHz 128K).
The board has an UART 16C450 and a Transputer link (Inmos IMSC012).
The address:
                Forth Systeme Angelika Flesch
                Postfach 1103
                D-7814 Breisach am Rhein
                Germany
                Phone ++49-7667-551

Cheers                                            inido!cosmo!gamber
        Johannes Teich                    ( mcvac!inido!cosmo!gamber )
                                               FidoNet: 2:507/414.20