From: fair@Apple.COM (Erik E. Fair)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.computers,comp.lang.forth
Subject: Re: Real programmers
Date: 15 Jul 89 19:29:25 GMT

In the referenced article, aj-mberg@dasys1.UUCP (Micha Berger) writes:
>Real programmers use FORTH, and know that cc's main significance is its use in
>TV guide to tell deaf people their bosex will put text on the bottom of the
>screen.

Forth is Lisp, badly reimplemented on inadequate hardware by an
astronomer who didn't know what he was doing.

	nyah!

	Erik

--
Marc de Groot (KG6KF)                   These ARE my employer's opinions!
Noe Systems, San Francisco

jbuck@epimass.EPI.COM (Joe Buck) (07/18/89)

In article <652@noe.UUCP> marc@noe.UUCP (Marc de Groot) writes:
>Erik Fair recently posted the article below to comp.lang.forth.  I would
>be very interested to know just what motivated him to modify the
>about netiquette in high esteem.  Does this message indicate that my
>judgement of him was incorrect?

No, the message is probably a forgery, posted by someone who wants to
make Erik look bad.  We've had a rash of these lately, like the newgroup
message for alt.maroney, allegedly (but obviously not) from Tim Maroney.
.
.
--
-- Joe Buck	jbuck@epimass.epi.com, uunet!epimass.epi.com!jbuck

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (07/18/89)

In article <652@noe.UUCP> marc@noe.UUCP (Marc de Groot) writes:
>Erik Fair recently posted the article below to comp.lang.forth.  I would
>be very interested to know just what motivated him to modify the
>about netiquette in high esteem.  Does this message indicate that my
>judgement of him was incorrect?

[terribly amusing article deleted]

No. It indicates that your sense of humor fell off.

And just what did you expect news.admin to do about it ?

--
                           He's T*d, Jim.
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV

david@ms.uky.edu (David Herron -- One of the vertebrae) (07/19/89)

That article reeks of net.sarcasm ... it's cross-posted to
the religion.computers group which is ok for what he said.
(Kinda like cross posting flames to alt.flame).  The sarcasm
comes in with the followups-to abortion and saying "nyah" at
the end.

I'd say there's a non-zero chance it's a forgery made, say, if/when
he left a terminal logged in at a publlic place.
--
<- David Herron; an MMDF guy                              <david@ms.uky.edu>
<- ska: David le casse\*'      {rutgers,uunet}!ukma!david, david@UKMA.BITNET

jax@well.UUCP (Jack J. Woehr) (07/20/89)

In article <3409@epimass.EPI.COM> jbuck@epimass.EPI.COM (Joe Buck) writes:
>In article <652@noe.UUCP> marc@noe.UUCP (Marc de Groot) writes:
>>Erik Fair recently posted the article below to comp.lang.forth.
 ... stuff ...

>No, the message is probably a forgery, posted by someone who wants to
>make Erik look bad.  We've had a rash of these lately, like the newgroup
>message for alt.maroney, allegedly (but obviously not) from Tim Maroney.
>.

	It *is* Erik, he posts that one on the Well about every six months
like clockwork. He was just being funny. We get him in the corner at Well
office parties after these episodes and thrash him about the head and
shoulders, and he goes back to normal. :-)

	Besides, if he *wants* to be a nobody, *let* him! :-)

{} jax@well     ." Sysop, Realtime Control and Forth Board"      FIG      {}
{} jax@chariot  ." (303) 278-0364 3/12/2400 8-n-1 24 hrs."     Chapter    {}
{} JAX on GEnie       ." Tell them JAX sent you!"             Coordinator {}
{} "When we hear that the four walls have fallen in, do we ask if the     {}
{}   roof has fallen also?" - Chinua Achebe                               {}