[comp.lang.forth] First-born males

marc@noe.UUCP (Marc de Groot) (07/22/89)

In article <12781@well.UUCP> jax@well.UUCP (Jack J. Woehr) writes:
>In article <5558@pt.cs.cmu.edu> koopman@a.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Philip Koopman) writes:
>>They also are predominantly first-born male children.
>	Interesting! You got me there! Source of info?

At the 1987 Forth National Convention, at the banquet, Wil Baden took a
poll by a show of hands of the first-born males in the audience.  It looked
like about three-quarters of the attendees raised their hands.  I know
it's not science; it's just what I thought I saw.

For the record, I am a first-born male.  I also am a high-school dropout.

Forth programmers tend to be independent-minded, and tend not to accept
other people's assertions about reality without question.  Do these
characteristics correlate with being a first-born male?
--
Marc de Groot (KG6KF)                   These ARE my employer's opinions!
Noe Systems, San Francisco