From: thomson@cs.utah.edu (Rich Thomson)
Subject: Comments
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 89

    I've been posting the AFPN issues (starting with volume 2) to
comp.sys.amiga.tech and comp.lang.forth in the hopes of attracting new
readers and/or contributors to our mailing list.  The quality and quantity
of the postings to this list is one of the great things about it!  I want
to help keep that level of quality up there.

    To further aid exchanges bvetween Amiga FORTH programmer's I'd like to
make available whatever (meager) disk space that I have as a central
archive/exchange for Amiga FORTH code.  I think one of the best ways to
learn programming is by seeing what other people do in their programs.
This is especially important in FORTH where the right factorization can
make all the difference between readability and junk.  So, submit your
latest hack!  Even the smallest of "toy" programs can be enlightening!!

[   Yeah, I know I've been promising some stuff like this, but I didn't
    anticipate my summer job would have me working ~800 miles from my Amiga
    ;-(
]
						-- Rich

From: hplabs!well!jax (Jack J. Woehr)
Subject: Re: Amiga FORTH Programmer's Newsletter: V2, #3
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 89 0:30:46 PDT

	Rich ...

	Thanx for the latest issue of AFPN ( 2.3)

	I thought your readership would like to know that Peter Appelman
	has given me the go-ahead to pick up his work where he left off
	(due to health problems in his family, keep his wife in your
	 prayers).

	Hard disk willing, we plan to begin work on the revision

			A4TH2.0

	next week, with release before the end of the year.

	We plan a DIRECT-THREADED version, a prototype of which we already
	have up and running.

	A4TH2.0 will allow you to SAVEFORTH your entire working image.

	Other improvements will be an extended editor, improved ROM
	calls and an improved multitasker.

	This whole project depends on a lot of intangibles, but as I said,
	we have already worked out the direct threading.

	I am open to suggestions from your readers for items that should be
	"fixed"! (Yes, I have noticed the bugs in the divide routines!)
	Can't promise anything in particular beyond what mentioned above,
	but let's all pull together to support the best PD Forth that
	exists on Amy!

			Best to y'all,
			 Jack Woehr

{} jax@well     ." Sysop, Realtime Control and Forth Board"      FIG      {}
{} jax@chariot  ." (303) 278-0364 3/12/2400 8-n-1 24 hrs."     Chapter    {}
{} JAX on GEnie       ." Tell them JAX sent you!"             Coordinator {}