[comp.lang.forth] About new chip by Chunk Moore....

JCCHUAN@TWNCTU01.BITNET (10/01/89)

  Does anyone know that Charles Moore make a new powerful chip? Please tell
me something about it, or where can I get its info.
                                                 Thanks a lot
                                                 Alexander Chang

jax@well.UUCP (Jack J. Woehr) (10/05/89)

JCCHUAN@TWNCTU01.BITNET writes:

>  Does anyone know that Charles Moore make a new powerful chip? Please tell
>me something about it, or where can I get its info.
>                                                 Thanks a lot
>                                                 Alexander Chang

	It's called SHBOOM and George Shaw of Shaw Associates in San
Jose, CA are the ones to help you.

	The SHBOOM + up to 2 meg DRAM will == complete computer.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
{}                                                                        {}
{} jax@well     ." Sysop, Realtime Control and Forth Board"      FIG      {}
{} jax@chariot  ." (303) 278-0364 3/12/2400 8-n-1 24 hrs."     Chapter    {}
{} JAX on GEnie       ." Tell them JAX sent you!"             Coordinator {}
{}                                                                        {}
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

ZMLEB@SCFVM.BITNET (Lee Brotzman) (10/05/89)

Jack J. Woehr <well!jax@APPLE.COM> writes:
>JCCHUAN@TWNCTU01.BITNET writes:
>

>>  Does anyone know that Charles Moore make a new powerful chip? Please tell
>>me something about it, or where can I get its info.
>>                                                 Thanks a lot
>>                                                 Alexander Chang
>
>        It's called SHBOOM and George Shaw of Shaw Associates in San
>Jose, CA are the ones to help you.
>
>        The SHBOOM + up to 2 meg DRAM will == complete computer.

JAX,
   You probably didn't know this, but the BITNET address TWNCTU01 is in
Taiwan.  I doubt this gentleman has access to the San Jose telephone book
and a call to directory assistance isn't very practical.  If you must
post rather than E-mail, you should at least give complete information.
   Quite often, the mail I forward from FIGI-L on BITNET is from overseas.
There are many subscribers from Europe, South America, and the Far East.
It would be helpful if the U.S. posters to comp.lang.forth and FIGI-L keep
that in mind when they post to the net.

P.S.  I don't have the San Jose phonebook either, and would like to see
      the full address and phone number of Shaw Associates, too.  If
      anyone has some *real* information about Chuck Moore's SHBOOM
      project, I'd love to hear it.

>  (JAX's 600-byte signature deleted)

    JAX, your message was about 180 bytes long, implying a signal-to-noise
ratio of 0.3.  I have already taken to deleting your signature from the
Digests I make from the net traffic -- they just eat up too much disk space.
Since you are such a strong proponent of electronic communication, I would
hope that you would consider a new signature that doesn't waste so much
bandwidth and storage space.

-- Lee Brotzman (FIGI-L Moderator)
-- BITNET: ZMLEB@SCFVM  Internet: zmleb@scfvm.gsfc.nasa.gov
-- The government and my company don't know what I'm saying.
-- Let's keep it that way.

wmb@SUN.COM (10/06/89)

> discussion about George Shaw ...

Actually, a San Jose phone book wouldn't have helped anyway.  George lives
in Hayward, not San Jose.  Hayward and San Jose don't have the same
area code.  Here's the company name and address, taken from the 1987
FORML proceedings.  I believe that this address is still correct.

 Shaw Laboratories, Limited
 PO Box 3471
 Hayward, CA 94540-3471
 415/276-5953

The information that has been posted about SHBOOM so far has been correct
to the best of my knowledge.  George is indeed working with it.

Cheers,
Mitch Bradley

JCCHUAN@TWNCTU01.BITNET (10/07/89)

Jax@well & Jax@chariot are not BITNET address, I need their email addresses.
Or anyone can tell me more info.....
                                           Thanks a lot
                                           Alexander  Chang
                                           JCCHUAN@TWNCTU01.BITNET

jax@well.UUCP (Jack J. Woehr) (10/08/89)

ZMLEB@SCFVM.BITNET (Lee Brotzman) writes:

	... stuff deleted ...
>>  (JAX's 600-byte signature deleted)

>    JAX, your message was about 180 bytes long, implying a signal-to-noise
>ratio of 0.3.  I have already taken to deleting your signature from the
>Digests I make from the net traffic -- they just eat up too much disk space.
>Since you are such a strong proponent of electronic communication, I would
>hope that you would consider a new signature that doesn't waste so much
>bandwidth and storage space.

	Well, Bro. Lee, I didn't count the lines in your two-to-three
screen posting, but you took a hell of a lot more space than I did to
say "I forget George Shaw's address".

	(-: Smile when you flame :-)

					=jax=