[comp.lang.forth] Fig-Forth for Commodore Geos!

anderson@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM (Joel Peter Anderson) (10/24/89)

Nicholas Vrtis, the enigmatic programmer who gave
the C64 world a Micro-Lisp (and a very nice one, too) has
ported the Fig-Forth Forth to the Geos operating system
for the Commodore 64 ( I assume 128 also, I have not got one
so am assuming it will work on the 128).

He included support for the mouse, uses VLIR files for
source, a nice screen editor (point and click on the
line you want to edit and 'voila' you edit it).  All in all
it is a real nifty implementation - and... I suppose if enough
people out there are interested, I could post it to the net.

BTW, his doc file (which is far bigger than the 8k Forth) was
set up as a Geowrite file, but I would probably send it as a
text file (smaller, readable on Unix systems, and so on).

 Shalom,
	Joel.

"We know only the strong will survive, But the meek will inherit.
 So if you've got a coat of arms, oh friend, I suggest we wear it."
					John Mellencamp.
  anderson@c10sd3.StPaul.NCR.COM |UUCP: {rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!jpa
     Joel Peter Anderson         |ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!jpa@nosc.mil
  NCR Comten / Software engineer |INET: jpa@pnet51.cts.com  QLINK: JPA

mwjester@wsucsa.uucp (10/24/89)

In article <1645@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM>, anderson@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM (Joel Peter Anderson) writes:
> Nicholas Vrtis, the enigmatic programmer who gave
> the C64 world a Micro-Lisp (and a very nice one, too) has
> ported the Fig-Forth Forth to the Geos operating system
> for the Commodore 64 ...
>

>                                                 ... All in all
> it is a real nifty implementation - and... I suppose if enough
> people out there are interested, I could post it to the net.

Yes, by all means post it!

Max J.    - just another impoverished grad student

scott@max.u.washington.edu (10/25/89)

In article <1645@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM>, anderson@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM (Joel Peter Anderson) writes:
> Nicholas Vrtis, the enigmatic programmer who gave
> the C64 world a Micro-Lisp (and a very nice one, too) has
> ported the Fig-Forth Forth to the Geos operating system
> for the Commodore 64 ( I assume 128 also, I have not got one
> so am assuming it will work on the 128).
>
> He included support for the mouse, uses VLIR files for
> source, a nice screen editor (point and click on the
> line you want to edit and 'voila' you edit it).  All in all
> it is a real nifty implementation - and... I suppose if enough
> people out there are interested, I could post it to the net.
>
> BTW, his doc file (which is far bigger than the 8k Forth) was
> set up as a Geowrite file, but I would probably send it as a
> text file (smaller, readable on Unix systems, and so on).
>
>  Shalom,
>       Joel.

Yes, please do..... and thanks.

Scott.

anderson@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM (Joel Peter Anderson) (10/25/89)

I have posted the Geos-based fig-forth to the comp.sys.cbm group -
If any of y'all are interested - its out there....