[comp.lang.forth] DR. DOBBS "FORTH" ISSUE?

GEnie@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (12/21/89)

 Date: 12-19-89 (08:33)              Number: 2692 (Echo)
   To: STEVE PALINCSAR               Refer#: NONE
 From: JACK WOEHR                      Read: NO
 Subj: DR. DOBBS "FORTH" ISSUE?      Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 >Jack, if you're referring to the Embedded Systems Dr. Dobbs issue, that
 >had Martin Tracy's article on Zen Forth, while Martin's article was
 >indeed a pleasure to see, unless I've overlooked something, it was the
 >*only* reference to forth in the issue other than the logo in the
 >structured programming column (the one with the broken branch falling
 >off the tree).  And to me, one article does not a "forth issue" make!

        The issue may not have been a "Forth Issue", but very nice
 things were said about URForth OS/2 in the article on General Protection
 Fault handling, where Bro. Ray's product was held up as a model of
 GPF Handling, in comparision with Smalltalk/V.

                =jax=

 NET/Mail : RCFB Golden, CO ... Vesta Technology & Denver FIG for Forth!
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated program.
Report problems to: 'uunet!willett!dwp' or 'willett!dwp@gateway.sei.cmu.edu'