[comp.lang.forth] COMPILER vocabulary

rjs@a.cs.okstate.edu (Roland Stolfa) (12/21/89)

Hello,

I have been working my way through "Threaded Interpretive Languages"
by R. Loeliger and was wondering, has anybody implemented this in
recent times?  Specifically, I have all the "stack" oriented things
working and was about to settle down and get the defining words
and "IF-ELSE-THEN" stuff working and was wondering, what really goes
in the "COMPILER" vocabulary.  A specific listing of those items that
go in the "COMPILER" and "CORE" vocabularies would be most appreciated
(Mr. Loeliger, are you on the net?).

My environment is a Radio Shack 4P with a Hitachi 64180 accelerator
card.  I have a destination environement of a home built 64180 single
board computer to run a simple robot.

Please mail responses directly to me.  I will post a summary later,
as well as the code (when I get it done), to this newsgroup.  I have
already extended the header style to include the full word's name and
the associated changes that entails.

Sincerly

Roland J. Stolfa
Department of Computing and Information Sciences
Oklahoma State University

Internet:       rjs@a.cs.okstate.edu

Disclaimer:	You have lost your MIND if you think ANYBODY speaks for
		this place!

jax@well.UUCP (Jack J. Woehr) (12/23/89)

In article <5242@okstate.UUCP> rjs@a.cs.okstate.edu (Roland Stolfa) writes:

>I have been working my way through "Threaded Interpretive Languages"
>by R. Loeliger and was wondering, has anybody implemented this in
>recent times?

	Loeliger was writing about Forth. At the time, the ownership
of the name "Forth" was cloudy so he spoke discreetly when naming
his subject. His Forth greatly resembles FIG Forth, the listings for
which are still available at nominal cost from:

	The Forth Interest Group
	P.O. Box 8231
	San Jose, CA 95155

>  Specifically, I have all the "stack" oriented things
>working and was about to settle down and get the defining words
>and "IF-ELSE-THEN" stuff working and was wondering, what really goes
>in the "COMPILER" vocabulary.  A specific listing of those items that
>go in the "COMPILER" and "CORE" vocabularies would be most appreciated

	Again, suggest you check out the FIG-Forth listings.

>My environment is a Radio Shack 4P with a Hitachi 64180 accelerator
>card.  I have a destination environement of a home built 64180 single
>board computer to run a simple robot.

	Sounds pretty cute! Incidentally Mountain View Press has a
Forth for the 4p called MODEL4TH, pretty nice. Resembles polyFORTH [TM].

	Mountain View Press
	P.O. Box 4656
	Mountain View, CA 94040

{} jax@well     ." Sysop, Realtime Control and Forth Board"      FIG      {}
{} jax@chariot  ." (303) 278-0364 3/12/2400 8-n-1 24 hrs."     Chapter    {}
{} JAX on GEnie       ." Tell them JAX sent you!"             Coordinator {}
{} jax@well.sf.ca.us                                                      {}