[net.movies] no, not Tarzan

jay@npois.UUCP (Anton Winteroak) (10/14/85)

	I must vote against putting Tarzan (with Bo Derek) on the Totally
bad list. I agree that the movie wasn't that good acting wise, Derek makes
an unconvincing timid virgin, and Tarzan doesn't show up until halfway
into the film, but the camera work was good, support acting was better than
mediocre for the most part, sometimes much better, and the plot was
traceable. Clearly this is not in the class of Plan Nine, Sheena, or Inchon.

absary@watmath.UUCP (Al Sary) (10/15/85)

In article <436@npois.UUCP> jay@npois.UUCP (Anton Winteroak) writes:

>	I must vote against putting Tarzan (with Bo Derek) on the Totally
>bad list. I agree that the movie wasn't that good acting wise, Derek makes
>an unconvincing timid virgin, and Tarzan doesn't show up until halfway
>into the film, but the camera work was good, support acting was better than
>mediocre for the most part, sometimes much better, and the plot was
>traceable. Clearly this is not in the class of Plan Nine, Sheena, or Inchon.

I also want to say in defence of Tarzan that it was tailor mad for the
Tarzan image, which most people probably remember.  After several
protests (I seem to remember that someone involved in the early days of
Tarzan was one of the leading protesters), parts of the movie were edited
out; I don't know if these parts would have made any difference, but I am
sure they were interesing; I guess we'll never know.

I still thought the movie was an attempt to explore the softcore
possibilities of the man of the jungle.