[net.movies] Bad movies

whm (07/26/82)

This week's TV Guide has a moderately interesting article on
the "Bad Movie" trend in home video offerings.

danny@itm.UUCP (09/21/83)

        Concerning "Bad movies", there would seem to be at least
two types.  Those meant to be "Bad", and those meant to be serious.
        My nominations for the former are 1) Bambi Meets Godzilla;
and 2) Hardware Wars.  I would submit another short, but I can't
seem to remember it's name.  It was a Flash Gordon takeoff, with
a paper cutout on a bent coathanger for the ship, and two guys
who ran alongside one another (avoiding boulders, cactus, etc.).
        This, in the immortal words of Opus, the Bloom County
Christmas Cow, "...has brought new meaning to the word 'bad'.
(heisition) well, maybe not that bad, but Lord, it wasn't good."

                               "There are those who call me..."
                                Danny

                    (msdc | gatech | akgua)!itm!danny

diy@sb1.UUCP (09/23/83)

My nominee for Really Bad Movie of Any Year::: Student Bodies.  What posseses
people to make movies that bad!!!  Is it the water?

Weirdest-looking Human Award goes to "Stick" of the same movie.  Talk about
double-jointed...

leimkuhl@uiuccsb.UUCP (09/23/83)

#N:uiuccsb:10000009:000:558
uiuccsb!leimkuhl    Sep 22 11:30:00 1983

I nominate "Waitress."  I saw this one on cable a while ago (I can't believe
anyone would pay to see it).  Just one dreadful slapstick routine after
another.

Almost as bad was "Young Doctors in Love."  Made me want to puke.
Actually, I only watched about 15 minutes of it before I left the room.

The reason these are so much worse than, say, "Polyester" is that someone
somewhere must have thought they were funny, while "Polyester" is sort of
an experiment in disgusting trash--at least it showed imagination.

Ben Leimkuhler
(uiucdcs!uiuccsb!leimkuhl)

lipman@decwrl.UUCP (09/24/83)

From: Ed Featherston  HL01-1/P06  225-5241 <roll::featherston>

 Begin Forwarded Message:

Newsgroup : net.movies
>From : EIFFEL::BLICKSTEIN
Subject: Bad Movies

One of my favorite bad movie titles:

	Matango, Fungus of Terror

		Mail address : ...decvax!decwrl!"EIFFEL::BLICKSTEIN"

 End Forwarded Message

bill@hp-pcd.UUCP (09/24/83)

#R:itm:-103800:hp-pcd:6500011:000:338
hp-pcd!bill    Sep 23 10:51:00 1983

"Bambi Meets Godzilla" is a classic.  Saw it and "Thank You, Masked Man"
as shorts just before "King of Hearts" a few years ago.  Personally,
I liked all of them (they were so bad that they were good).

I think my all-time favorite classic, though, is "Harold and Maude".

bill frolik
hp-pcd!bill

(no, I don't think H&M was a bad film)

mem@sii.UUCP (Mark Mallett) (09/26/83)

The only movie I've ever walked out on is "The Trial of Billy Jack".
This was a hateful, propogandist, and above all POOR movie of the
highest order (heh heh); and I got my money back from the theater
manager to boot!

"The Lord of the Rings" wasn't offensive, but it took so long to end
and was so awfully boring that I almost walked out on that.  Fortunately
it ended (right in the middle of nowhere) so I was saved that.

Mark E. Mallett
decvax!sii!mem

pking@denelcor.UUCP (09/28/83)

This message is empty.

brat@gatech.UUCP (09/30/83)

You want a bad movie?  Try "Hercules" with Lou Ferrigno.  That's an
absolutely pitiful movie.  I went in expecting a relatively believable
account of the mythological marvel, but instead got a totally twisted
and exaggerated version of the original story.  Did you know, for
example, that Zeus lived on the Moon?  I was sure it was some mountain...
I guess the producers couldn't remember its name, so they went with the
next best thing.
   And who the hell ever hear of Pandora's JAR, for God's sake??  I thought
it was a box... Anyway, that's one you definitely don't want to see if
you are looking for a significant picture.

--
Steven L. Goldberg

CSNet:	Brat @ GaTech		ARPA:	Brat.GaTech @ UDel-Relay
uucp:	...!{sb1,allegra,ut-ngp}!gatech!Brat
	...!duke!mcnc!msdc!gatech!Brat

rba-dx@allegra.UUCP (10/01/83)

	By the way, Hercules II has finished shooting (also
    starring Lou Ferrigno.

engels@ihuxs.UUCP (10/03/83)

Prince of the CITY ---BORING!!!!!!	left in the middle.

GARP 		   ---BORING!!!!!!	Loved the book.

2001		   ---BORING!!!!!!	left in the middle.

CSvax:Pucc-H:ab3@pur-ee.UUCP (10/03/83)

	To ihuxs!engels, who spoke thusly:
_________
	2001		   ---BORING!!!!!!	left in the middle.
_________

	Good grief, where is your {art-appreciating} soul?  This film
is a masterpiece, ranking right up there with "Citizen Kane" and
"Gone With the Wind" and "Casablanca".

			Leaving you to SW, TESB, and ROTJ,

			Darth Wombat

wjb@burl.UUCP (Bill Buie) (10/04/83)

WWWWWHHHHHOOOOAAAAAAA there!  Don't call 2001: A Space Odyssey a bad
film: you just missed it, that's all.  Reading the novel by Arthur
Clarke should have been made a prerequisite to admission.  The novel
and the book were developed in parallel with each other and should
be appreciated as a matched set.  The novel carries detail that
would be impractical to put in the movie; the movie carries a visual
impact that cannot be put into words.  Neither the book nor the
movie tries to do the other job.  The final product was THE
masterwork of true art in science fiction.

				--Bill
--

				--Bill

kline@uiucuxc.UUCP (10/05/83)

#R:gatech:-129200:uiucuxc:4000052:000:156
uiucuxc!kline    Oct  4 09:39:00 1983

   2001 a BORING movie?!?!? Unquestionably the MOST
CONSISTENT AND VISUALLY IMPACTING SCIENCE FICTION MOVIE
EVER MADE <<<BORRING>>>?!?!?!

   Shame on you.

davies@uiuccsb.UUCP (10/15/83)

#R:gatech:-129200:uiuccsb:10000016:000:269
uiuccsb!davies    Oct 14 10:24:00 1983

I personally could have done without the last twenty minutes (or was it an
hour?)   I suppose the flashing colors might have been exciting if the proper
drugs were being used, but to me they were incredibly tedious.
						Jim Davies
						pur-ee!uiucdcs!uiuccsb!davies

sm@ariel.UUCP (10/17/83)

2001 BORING?????

2001 BORING?????

2001 BORING?????

Ain't that sumpthin'

gregs@uo-vax1.UUCP (11/05/83)

#R:gatech:-129200:uo-vax1:5800002:000:132
uo-vax1!gregs    Nov  1 15:06:00 1983

I might as well join in....

2001 BORING??????????
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Where is your sense of taste?

kayuucee@cvl.UUCP (Kenneth W. Crist Jr.) (10/15/85)

	I saw a really BAD movie, but I can't remember the name. It had
Lou Gossett, Jr. in it and even he could not save it. I think it was
called "Treasure Train", as I said, I don't remember. I don't remember
much of the movie either. It ended with a fight between the star(not Lou)
and the bad guy in a house that was hoisted up on wheels so that it could be
moved by a truck. The train which most people were on through most of the
story ended up running through one half of the house. Lou was playing a
con man, I think.
	Does anyone know the name of this movie? Was anyone else unfor-
tunate enough to have paid to see it? If anyone knows the name of this movie,
I would like to add it to the list of totally bad movie. This had no
redeeming values at all.

						Kenneth Crist
						kayuucee@cvl