[comp.lang.forth] DSP-32 BOARD

GEnie@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (12/22/89)

 Date: 12-20-89 (09:06)              Number: 51
   To: ALL                           Refer#: NONE
 From: ARCHIE WARNOCK                  Read: (N/A)
 Subj: DSP-32 BOARD                  Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 I just have received a DSP-32 coprocessor board for my PC at the office.
 It's from FASTec uSupercomputers, and it's their 15 mflop board. The
 question is, what do I do with it now?  They've provided some code for
 it (in assembler and Basic, of all things!), but mostly, I'm on my own
 to develop some sort of use for it.  Is there a Forth for the board, or
 at least for the chip?  The interface is via a loader program (ala the
 Definicon coprocessor boards) or by a library of Fortran-callable
 subroutines.  And, FWIW, it was only $425!
 ------------
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated program.
Report problems to: 'uunet!willett!dwp' or 'willett!dwp@gateway.sei.cmu.edu'

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (01/05/90)

 Date: 12-21-89 (09:47)              Number: 52 (Echo)
   To: ARCHIE WARNOCK                Refer#: NONE
 From: CLIFFORD KING                   Read: NO
 Subj: DSP-32 BOARD                  Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 Archie:
      My company sells hardware and software for the DSP32 and DSP32C
 processors. We have a Forth Compiler for them. Please give me a call at
 (303)-693-3413. I would be happy to discuss it with you and send you
 more information about our compiler.
 Clifford King
 Micro K Systems
 (303) 693-3413

 NET/Mail : RCFB Golden, CO ... Vesta Technology & Denver FIG for Forth!
-----

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (01/06/90)

 Date: 12-25-89 (04:07)              Number: 57 (Echo)
   To: CLIFFORD KING                 Refer#: 52
 From: ARCHIE WARNOCK                  Read: NO
 Subj: DSP-32 BOARD                  Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 CK>processors. We have a Forth Compiler for them. Please give me a call at
 CK>(303)-693-3413. I would be happy to discuss it with you and send you
 CK>more information about our compiler.

 Thanks.  I'll do that after the holidays.  Our applications are rooted
 in spectroscopy and, perhaps, image processing.  We typically need to do
 smoothing, centroiding, etc., on the spectra to help identify features,
 and lots of the standard image manipulations with images.

 My coprocessor experience has been with the Definicon DSI-20 series of
 boards, which have all sorts of utilities, but basically run as
 standalone processors.  I'm more interested in using the DSP board by
 calling it from a program running on the PC, and passing it data to chew
 on.  The programs might be written in Forth, C, Fortran, maybe even a
 system like Matlab.  So far, all I got from the vendor was an MS Fortran
 linkable library - no code, no interface dox.  I can see I've still got
 some legwork to do.
 ---
  ~ EZ-Reader 1.21 ~ Dreams of reason bring FORTH monsters
-----