[comp.lang.forth] DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (01/06/90)

 Date: 12-28-89 (07:52)              Number: 58 (Echo)
   To: DAN MILLER                    Refer#: NONE
 From: CLIFFORD KING                   Read: NO
 Subj: DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING     Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 >cliford, have you tried programming Ting's fourier transform. its descr
 >in the last rochester conference and there was a blurb on it in the
 >last rtx newsletter. I would be interested in your comments. <dan>

 Dan,
        I don't have the latest Rochester Conference proceedings. Could
 you tell me which one you are talking about? I did see the brief
 description in the RTX Express newsletter. "Sliding" FFTs have been
 discussed many times. I have not had a chance to actually try one yet.
 I am not sure if Ting's CFT is equivalent to a "Sliding" FFT.
 The non-linear nature of the phase relationship generated
 by the CFT must be considered for the application. The CFT appears to be
 most appropriate in parallel computing environments.
        Note that Ting says the CFT is well suited to the RTX2000 with
 the 16x16 hardware multiplier. The Harris promotion on the RTXEB Contest
 Board contains an RTX2001A, w/o the multiplier, the reason I decided not
 to enter the contest.

 Cliff King

 NET/Mail : RCFB Golden, CO (303) 278-0364 VESTA & Denver FIG for Forth!
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated program.
Report problems to: 'uunet!willett!dwp' or 'willett!dwp@gateway.sei.cmu.edu'