[comp.lang.forth] FEEDBACK TO THE FORTH INT

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (01/05/90)

 Date: 12-25-89 (11:31)              Number: 2719 (Echo)
   To: F.SERGEANT [FRANK]            Refer#: NONE
 From: JACK WOEHR                      Read: NO
 Subj: FEEDBACK TO THE FORTH INT     Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

        Frank ... I got gray hair too!

        Anyway, in context, my comment that "April renewal annoys
 hell out of members" was meant to apply to NEW members, which was
 the topic at hand, i.e., where the heck are they.

        I rarely meet or talk to a NEW member who isn't ticked off that
 they have to pay a retroactive membership.

        The other part of my comment, perhaps even more significant,
 was that "April-based memberships encourage deluded financial planning"
 or something like that. You talk to FIG and they say, "well, only
 this many signed up so far, but later in the year more will renew."
 Maybe, pal, maybe not ... :-)

                =jax=

 NET/Mail : RCFB Golden, CO ... Vesta Technology & Denver FIG for Forth!
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated program.
Report problems to: 'uunet!willett!dwp' or 'willett!dwp@gateway.sei.cmu.edu'

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (01/05/90)

 Date: 12-27-89 (12:55)              Number: 2726 (Echo)
   To: F.SERGEANT [FRANK]            Refer#: 2711
 From: BEN COMBEE                      Read: NO
 Subj: FEEDBACK TO THE FORTH INT     Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 OK... I admit it. I'm 15, and I like Forth. I can't find a good Forth
 system locally (all the BBS's have is F83 from 1984) but I have read
 both editions of Starting Forth. I want to do some coding. I do my
 share of QuickBASIC work, but I really would like to have QuickForth
 (ha ha ha ha). What's the best PD Forth out there for an 8088 on its
 last legs.  I've heard F-PC is good.  What's up?

 : GOODBYE ." See you later!" ;

 Ben

 NET/Mail : The Front Porch BBS 4046951889  1440 HST! Metro Regional HUB
-----

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (01/06/90)

 Date: 01-01-90 (21:02)              Number: 2742 (Echo)
   To: F.SERGEANT [FRANK]            Refer#: 2736
 From: KENNETH O'HESKIN                Read: NO
 Subj: FEEDBACK TO THE FORTH INT     Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 FF>"younger generation."  Of course $30 is not a major barrier to
professionals
 FF>working in Forth who already understand the value of Forth.

         Maybe FIG should consider a student membership rate, say
         $15/yr.  A lot of academic societies and publications
         do that with some success in recruiting new people to
         their particular specialties.
 ---
  ~ EZ-Reader 1.14 ~

 NET/Mail : British Columbia Forth Board - Burnaby BC - (604)434-5886
-----

billk@crash.cts.com (Bill Kelly) (01/11/90)

In article <94.UUL1.3#5129@willett.UUCP> ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) writes:

> OK... I admit it. I'm 15, and I like Forth. I can't find a good Forth ...

Bravo!
I'm 18, and have been a Forth Fanatic since I was 12.

Who says there are no young Forth programmers :-)
Bill W. Kelly                                          billk@crash.cts.com
{nosc ucsd hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!billk                 crash!billk@nosc.mil