[comp.lang.forth] Forth language products on the MC68000.

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (02/09/90)

 Date: 01-04-80 (03:19)              Number: 2868 (Echo)
   To: GORDON GANDERTON              Refer#: NONE
 From: JACK WOEHR                      Read: NO
 Subj: FORTH LANGUAGE PRODUCTS       Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 >Does this Forth 68000 development board just plug in to an empty slot
 >on a PC and/or AT?
 >---

        Negatory, chief, it's standalone and connects to PC via
 serial port. BLOCK is vectored to a serial protocol supported
 by our VESTACOM host/disking environment. You can use the line
 editor on board, or edit your screens on the PC with the screen
 editor of your choice (you get one with VESTACOM).

        When you are happy with your program as it compiled to
 RAM, you snapshot it back to your MSDOS disk with SAVE-OVERLAY.
 Then if you burn that binary frozen image of your RAM extensions
 to our ROM dictionary into an EPROM, the board boots up and
 recognizes that an overlay is present in ROM, restores it to RAM
 and fires it up, jumping to the last word in the dictionary!

        Simple, huh? It's our in-house software environment, designed
 for quick turnaround of custom projects.

                =jax=

 NET/Mail : RCFB Golden, CO (303) 278-0364 VESTA & Denver FIG for Forth!
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: 'uunet!willett!dwp' or 'willett!dwp@gateway.sei.cmu.edu'