[comp.lang.forth] embedded language of choice

dwp@willett.UUCP (Doug Philips) (02/13/90)

I saw the following message in comp.windows.misc.  I thought perhaps
some veteran Forthers might have some salient comments, which may be
appropriate for direct mail, or may be applicable as a post (cross
posted to comp.lang.forth?)
		-Doug

>From: tce@ann.MN.ORG (Thomas C. Evans)
>Newsgroups: comp.realtime,comp.windows.misc,comp.os.misc,comp.os.os9,comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.m68k
>Subject: Search for uC realtime os w/ GUI
>Date: 9 Feb 90 15:19:43 GMT
>
>I am developing an instrument which requires real time process control
>an a user interface.  realTimeUnix+X would be nice.. but the
>qualification, learning curve and resources required rule it out.
>
>The current tack (based on external default decisions) is 386sx, Intel
>RMX os, and C-worthy character based user interface kit to be ported
>from dos.
>
>I want a graphical user interface with the ability to change
>languages, and a path to a Japanese user interface.
>
>The processor / os / GUI tool kit are all open ( for about three weeks)
>This project needs to move forward about 20 years!
>
>All suggestions and comments about real time performance, look&feel, tools,
>support, language interface, reliability welcome!
>I will summarize in comp.realtime and comp.so.misc
>

>--
>Thomas C. Evans            self is like insanity,                tce@ann.MN.ORG
>Minneapolis MN.           its hereditary and you        {umn-cs,amdahl,hpda}...
>(612)448-4848 x285       get it from your children           ...!bungia!ann!tce

---
Preferred: willett!dwp@gateway.sei.cmu.edu OR ...!sei!willett!dwp
Daily: ...!{uunet,nfsun}!willett!dwp   [in a pinch: dwp@vega.fac.cs.cmu.edu]