[comp.lang.forth] For us beginners - help !

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (03/01/90)

Category 18,  Topic 13
Message 13        Wed Feb 28, 1990
GARY-S                       at 08:20 EST

 In message: <672@shuldig.Huji.Ac.IL>
             shum!yaniv@jade.berkeley.edu (ran el-Yaniv) writes:

 > What PD or SW reasonable implementation of forth for a rank beginner
 > in forth...
 > ...  horrible ...  stuff about VIC-20 Forths (TRUE !!! )
 >
 > My system is an XT-compat, inc. disk and so on and so forth...

   Get Laxen and Perry's F-83, Tom Zommer's F-PC3.5, or Frank Sergeant's
Pygmy.

   ALL are public domain, and are available via simtel20 (or will be soon).
   - F-83 is the now classic pd benchmark for 83-Standard
   - F-PC is a turbo-like fat enhanced superset
   - Pygmy is the other end from F-PC, a minimalists F-83
   Gary  gars@glsrk   uunet!wugate!wuarchive!texbel!ark!lrark!glsrk!gars
      GEnie Forth RoundTable (GARY-S), GEnie Unix RoundTable (GARS)
      gars@wet,well,chinet,portal
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: 'uunet!willett!dwp' or 'willett!dwp@gateway.sei.cmu.edu'