ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (03/19/90)

 Date: 03-17-90 (09:45)              Number: 3036 (Echo)
   To: DENNIS RUFFER                 Refer#: 3032
 From: JERRY SHIFRIN                   Read: NO
 Subj: C INTERPRETER IN FORTH        Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 DR>Does anyone out there have a working C in Forth?

 Silicon Composers advertises a C for their RTX-based boards.
 ---
  ~ EZ 1.26 ~
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: 'uunet!willett!dwp' or 'willett!dwp@gateway.sei.cmu.edu'

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (03/19/90)

Category 18,  Topic 9
Message 8         Sun Mar 18, 1990
D.RUFFER [Dennis]            at 20:25 EST

 RE: JERRY SHIFRIN

 > Silicon Composers advertises a C for their RTX-based boards.

I believe theres is a full C compiler, which only by chance runs on the RTX
chip.  Harris also has one of those from a company in Germany.  What we are
looking for is a C code interpreter that sits on top of the normal Forth
kernal.

Has anyone done any work in that direction?   DaR
-----

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (03/21/90)

 Date: 03-19-90 (22:24)              Number: 3047 (Echo)
   To: DENNIS RUFFER                 Refer#: 3042
 From: JERRY SHIFRIN                   Read: NO
 Subj: C INTERPRETER IN FORTH        Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 DR>I believe theres is a full C compiler, which only by chance runs on t
 DR>chip.  Harris also has one of those from a company in Germany.  What

 I've never seen the product, but it's hard for me to believe that
 they've accidently developed a C compiler which runs on Forth
 hardware.  I guess I'll have to try increasing my gullibility
 level.  ;->
-----

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (03/22/90)

 Date: 03-20-90 (08:50)              Number: 3054 (Echo)
   To: JERRY SHIFRIN                 Refer#: 3047
 From: RAY DUNCAN                      Read: NO
 Subj: C INTERPRETER IN FORTH        Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 The C compiler from the company in Germany, which is being sold by
 Harris for the RTX-2000, is *NOT* written in Forth.  It is a more or
 less generic C compiler for which they have developed a new "back-end"
 or code generator for the Harris chip.

 NET/Mail : LMI Forth Board, Los Angeles, CA (213) 306-3530
-----