[net.movies] notes on Remo Williams

rick@uwmacc.UUCP (the absurdist) (10/17/85)

In article <13100144@ism70.UUCP> steven@ism70.UUCP writes:
> See, we've got bad guys out there
>who are screwing up this country, and every once in a while our
>poor overloaded Justice system needs a little help (you'd think
>Guy Hamilton and Chris Wood, who have various Bond movie credits
>in their portfolios, could have come up with something a little
>more original).

Gee.  Maybe the reason Hamilton and Wood didn't come up with
anything more "original" was because "Remo Williams:  The Destroyer"
is the main character of an extremely popular set of 30 or more
(sorry, don't have exact number) pulp novels which have been coming
out for more than 20 years.

	Not that people who write James Bond movies have shown much
any respect for Ian Fleming's abilities ...
--
Rick Keir -- right next to the Oyster Tank -- UWisc - Madison
{allegra, ihnp4, seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!rick

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (10/19/85)

> From:	ism70!steven

> REMO WILLIAMS: THE ADVENTURE BEGINS

> See, we've got bad guys out there
> who are screwing up this country, and every once in a while our
> poor overloaded Justice system needs a little help (you'd think
> Guy Hamilton and Chris Wood, who have various Bond movie credits
> in their portfolios, could have come up with something a little
> more original).

I agree. I seem to remember a series of books called the Destroyer series
in which an organization creates an assassin named Remo Williams whose job
is to kill those sly guys who commit all kinds of crimes and get away with
them because they hide behind the Constitution. I don't know why Hamilton
and Wood couldn't have come up with something more original.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA