[net.movies] film inquiry

blickstein@tle.DEC (Dave Blickstein) (10/20/85)

>Subject: A title help (the continuing saga on bad movies)

>Reading so much about bad movies, I remembered this movie I say years ago
>which was quite bad, and I can't seem to remember its title.

>It was about these man shaped creatures who lived in a lake.  They
>were the sideeffects of some artificial fish food that was supposed to enhance
>the fish population in the lake drastically (or maybe the creatures eat the
>fish, I can't seem to remember the exact details).  Anyways, these creatures
>needed human females to reproduce, so this small town's female population
>was kidnaped one by one by the creatures (and some man were killed along
>the way).

This was "Humanoids From The Deep".   Truly an awful worthless film.  About
the only enjoyment I derived from this film was the resolution of the plot.
These humanoids are making a terrible nuisance of themselves, there seems
no way to stop them, what do you do?

Well in most science fiction, the bad creatures/aliens/etc are done in
either by some discovery of science, an act of god, or some quirk of
mother nature (like in War of the Worlds).   What defeats the humanoids
in this film?   Simple, the townspeople get sick and tired of having
their woman stolen and ravaged and so they band together and beat the
shit out of the aliens with a bunch of 2 by 4s!

	Dave Blickstein

(UUCP)  {allegra|decvax|ihnp4|ucbvax}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-tle!blickstein

(ARPA)  BLICKSTEIN%TLE.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA