[comp.lang.forth] RESTART APPLICATION

wmb%mitch@SUN.COM (Mitch Bradley) (07/11/90)

> Bob Cavanaugh writes:
> Can anybody out there give me a way to jump back to a word
> after an error condition is set? ... When I encounter a bad checksum,
> I want to restart the program from my main menu routine, MAIN.  I tried
> ' main execute and it went into never-never land.  I am using V3.5

CATCH and THROW is made to order for this kind of problem.  Put a CATCH
in MAIN and a THROW where you detect the error.

I posted a writeup, including a sample implementation that works on most
systems, a few weeks ago.  If anybody needs a copy, drop me a line and I'll
resend it.  If you can't email to me directly, post a request and I'll
repost the writeup.

Mitch Bradley  (wmb@Eng.Sun.Com)