[comp.lang.forth] NOT and INVERSE

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (07/18/90)

Category 18,  Topic 89
Message 12        Tue Jul 17, 1990
GARY-S                       at 07:47 EDT

  Subject: Re: How will others see ANS Forth?
  In article: <9913@pt.cs.cmu.edu>
                  koopman@a.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Philip Koopman)writes:

 >>  Phil - IF you do go to that much trouble, we will be happy to make
 >>  the  GEnie Forth Real-Time Conference facility available for this
 >
 >My question about whether the X3J14 committee as a whole would listen is:
 >would a bona fide CS expert/language designer giving constructive
 >criticism result in corrective changes to the standard, or just be
 >dismissed with a comment such as "he just doesn't understand?"

   How can you know the end result of ANY sociological experiment until
   you have actually performed the test, or a significant prelude test ?

 >How about an application engineer who actually has to use it?
 >It probably is not worth his time or mine unless there is enough
 >interest that we actually get requests to do this.  Also, if we can't
 >dig up at least 3-5 reviewers, there clearly is not enough interest

   Do I hear any volunteers who are willing to pose the questions and
   referee such a discussion ? Remember - impartiality would be required.
    ___        _  Gary Smith   -->        co-SysOp, GEnie Forth RoundTable
   / _' _   _ (_  P. O. Drawer 7680    * ph:501-227-7817, fax:501-228-0271 *
  /__/ (_|_/ '__) Little Rock,AR 72217 * winken!well!gars *claris!wet!gars *
                         - U. S. A. -  * ames!chinet!gars * ark!lrark!gars *
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: uunet!willett!dwp or willett!dwp@hobbes.cert.sei.cmu.edu