[comp.lang.forth] Locating a Public Domain Forth

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (03/24/90)

 Date: 03-22-90 (22:52)              Number: 294 (Echo)
   To: GARY SMITH                    Refer#: 290
 From: JERRY SHIFRIN                   Read: NO
 Subj: LOCATING A PUBLIC DOMAIN      Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 GS> A faculty member in my department is looking for a version of
 GS> Forth 83 implemented by Dr. Charles Ting.  I have a phone

 I suspect he's really looking for F-PC.  Ting sells copies of
 those disks.  Write Dr. Ting at
         Offete Enterprises
         1306 South B St.
         San Mateo, CA 94402
         (408) 432-4629
 I think he charges $25 for the disks, plus $20 for the user's
 manual, and $30 for the Tech Ref manual.
 ---
  ~ EZ 1.26 ~
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: 'uunet!willett!dwp' or 'willett!dwp@gateway.sei.cmu.edu'

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (05/29/90)

Category 18,  Topic 62
Message 10        Mon May 28, 1990
D.RUFFER [Dennis]            at 15:02 EDT

Re: ZURMUEHLE%PHIL.unibe.ch@CERNVAX.BITNET (DANIEL ZURMUEHLE)

 > Does anyone know of a Forth that will run on VAX/VMS?

FORTH, Inc. sells such a thing.  Call then at (213) 372-8493 it you're
interested.
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: uunet!willett!dwp or willett!dwp@hobbes.cert.sei.cmu.edu

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (05/29/90)

Category 18,  Topic 62
Message 11        Mon May 28, 1990
D.RUFFER [Dennis]            at 15:20 EDT

Re: ZURMUEHLE%PHIL.unibe.ch@CERNVAX.BITNET (DANIEL ZURMUEHLE)

 > a Forth that will run on VAX/VMS

Oops, I forgot to edit in the public domain notes to that message. Daniel,
there is a file called FORTH.VMS or FTH4VMS.ARC that we have here on GEnie and
the other xCFB's.  It contains a message from Jakob Magun in France detailing
replies he received on the same question.  He can be contacted at:
        STAR::"@KL.SRI.COM,@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU:JAKOB@FRMEU51.BITNET"

or one of us could send you the text dated 1988.

DaR
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: uunet!willett!dwp or willett!dwp@hobbes.cert.sei.cmu.edu

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (06/14/90)

Category 18,  Topic 62
Message 15        Mon Jun 11, 1990
D.RUFFER [Dennis]            at 22:55 EDT

Re: davids@truevision.com (David Spoelstra)

 > a FORTH for the Radio Shack Model 100

David, if you have access to GEnie or any of the other Forth BBS' we have a
version of Forth for the M100 with Chipmunk drives.  The following information
from from the GEnie file directory:

[See OLIS for more information on ForthNet/GEnie/xCFB's -- dwp]

  No. File Name      Type Address       YYMMDD    Bytes Accesses Lib
  850 M100-PT2.SRC    X   GARY-S        880108    17640      6     4
    Desc: Source Listing for M100 Forth Pt 2
  849 M100-PT1.SRC    X   GARY-S        880108    20160      9     4
    Desc: Source Listing for M100 Forth Pt 1
  848 M100-4TH.DOC    X   GARY-S        880108     7560     12     4
    Desc: Documentation for M100 Forth
  847 M100-4TH.4TH    X   GARY-S        880108    13860      3     4
    Desc: Forth for Tandy M-100 w/Chipmunk

DaR
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: uunet!willett!dwp or willett!dwp@hobbes.cert.sei.cmu.edu

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (07/20/90)

Category 18,  Topic 62
Message 22        Wed Jul 18, 1990
W.FEDERICI [W.FEDERICI]      at 20:08 PDT

  If Laxen & Perry F83 suits your needs, I can give you copies of my own
"translations" for Atari ST.  The 16-bit version is virtually identical in
detail to the MS-DOS version of F83, and is position- independent. The 32-bit
version is fixed-position (nonrelocatable) but can be quickly metacompiled to
any location.  (If anyone is interested, I also have a ROMable 32-bit kernel
and versions of the 68000 metacompiler which run on IBM clone hosts to produce
68000 target systems.)
 .
  Neither version has any extensions to take advantage of the GEM operating
system -- I only use the Atari as an occasional host system for
generating/testing software for 68000-based control systems.  Although the F83
model may seem rather unsophisticated compared to more recent software, it is
highly serviceable.  I have found it extremely useful for developing
diagnostic tools, user interfaces, debugging routines, supervisory programs,
etc.  Having the complete source code and metacompiler means I can generate a
new version to accomodate a different ROM monitor or hardware configuration in
a few  hours. (Ignore all those silly rumblings from people who claim that
metacompiling is dauntingly difficult!)
 .
  Wilson

-----