[net.movies] query about strange movie

kremen@aero.ARPA (Gary Kremen ) (10/12/85)

A friend and I are going crazy trying to remember the name and details
about a movie we saw sometime last year. The movie was about a man and
women (unmarried college students?) that were on vacation on a island of
the coast of Greece. This couple (who lived in a stone house) met this
other girl and they all had some strange type of love triangle. The had
a fight, it turned out to have a happy ending.

If you can remember the name or the movie and details on what happened,
please post or send information to me. Thanks in advance.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: Gary Kremen

bl@hplabsb.UUCP (10/14/85)

> A friend and I are going crazy trying to remember the name and details
> about a movie we saw sometime last year. The movie was about a man and
> women (unmarried college students?) that were on vacation on a island of
> the coast of Greece. This couple (who lived in a stone house) met this
> other girl and they all had some strange type of love triangle. The had
> a fight, it turned out to have a happy ending.
>
> If you can remember the name or the movie and details on what happened,
> please post or send information to me. Thanks in advance.

It sounds like either "Summer Lovers" or "Tiffany".  They both had the same
triangle theme (2 girls and one boy) on a Greek Isle.

absary@watmath.UUCP (Al Sary) (10/15/85)

In article <502@aero.ARPA> kremen@aero.UUCP (Gary Kremen (5731)) writes:
>A friend and I are going crazy trying to remember the name and details
>about a movie we saw sometime last year. The movie was about a man and
>women (unmarried college students?) that were on vacation on a island of
>the coast of Greece. This couple (who lived in a stone house) met this
>other girl and they all had some strange type of love triangle. The had
>a fight, it turned out to have a happy ending.
>
>If you can remember the name or the movie and details on what happened,
>please post or send information to me. Thanks in advance.
>--
>~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Name: Gary Kremen
>Address: kremen@aerospace.ARPA
>Quote:  "Everyone wants justice done...on someone else" - Bruce Cockburn
>Theory: "Computers suck, but they pay the bills"
>Contrapositive: "I love LA and so should you"
>Disclaimer 1: "The company does not know what I am doing"
>Disclaimer 2: "Both the company and I have great lawyers"

The movie was called "Summere Lovers".  I can't remember the girls name
(the original girlfriend), but she was the blond who starred in "Splash"
with Tom Hanks (sp?) and John Candy.

The movie was quiete strange and not a big deal, I thought, although
Greece was nice, lot of sun, and a lot of skin in the movie (or not
really a lot).  I would compare it to one of those teenage
fantasy movies, but this is actually possible.

Your summary above is precisely what happened; the movie was good for
a laugh.

bd@peora.UUCP (Bernie Dougan) (10/16/85)

>                                         The movie was about a man and
>women (unmarried college students?) that were on vacation on a island of
>the coast of Greece. This couple (who lived in a stone house) met this
>other girl and they all had some strange type of love triangle. The had
>a fight, it turned out to have a happy ending.

The movie was called "Summer Lovers" and one of the girls was
played by Darryl Hannah.  Except for some of the scenery in the
Greek Islands the movie was totally forgettable.
--
     Bernie Dougan
     Perkin-Elmer Southern Development Center

verner@inuxh.UUCP (Matt Verner) (10/16/85)

> A friend and I are going crazy trying to remember the name and details
> about a movie we saw sometime last year. The movie was about a man and
> women (unmarried college students?) that were on vacation on a island of
> the coast of Greece. This couple (who lived in a stone house) met this
> other girl and they all had some strange type of love triangle. The had
> a fight, it turned out to have a happy ending.
>
> If you can remember the name or the movie and details on what happened,
> please post or send information to me. Thanks in advance.
> --

I believe that was _The_Tempest_ starring Susan Serandon (sp).  A modernized
remake of the shakespearean play.

Matt

lcliffor@bbncca.ARPA (Laura Frank Clifford) (10/17/85)

The movie is "Summer Lovers" and starred Darryl Hannah.  It was shot
on the island of Santorini.

render@uiucdcsb.CS.UIUC.EDU (10/17/85)

> A friend and I are going crazy trying to remember the name and details
> about a movie we saw sometime last year. The movie was about a man and
> women (unmarried college students?) that were on vacation on a island of
> the coast of Greece. This couple (who lived in a stone house) met this
> other girl and they all had some strange type of love triangle. The had
> a fight, it turned out to have a happy ending.
>
> If you can remember the name or the movie and details on what happened,
> please post or send information to me. Thanks in advance.

This sounds vaguely like the movie "Summer Lovers".  It starred
Daryl Hannah in one of her first roles, and had few other redeeming
qualities from what I recall.  Does anyone else know anything more about
this film?
                                     Hal Render
                                     University of Illinois
                                     {pur-ee, ihnp4} ! uiucdcs ! render
                                     render@uiuc.csnet     render@uiuc.arpa

absary@watmath.UUCP (Al Sary) (10/18/85)

In article <368@inuxh.UUCP> verner@inuxh.UUCP (Matt Verner) writes:
>> A friend and I are going crazy trying to remember the name and details
>> about a movie we saw sometime last year. The movie was about a man and
>> women (unmarried college students?) that were on vacation on a island of
>> the coast of Greece. This couple (who lived in a stone house) met this
>> other girl and they all had some strange type of love triangle. The had
>> a fight, it turned out to have a happy ending.
>>
>> If you can remember the name or the movie and details on what happened,
>> please post or send information to me. Thanks in advance.
>> --
>
>I believe that was _The_Tempest_ starring Susan Serandon (sp).  A modernized
>remake of the shakespearean play.
>
>Matt

Can't be.  Unless "The Tempest" is exactly the same story as "Summer
Lovers".  The discription above fits "Summber Lovers" too well.

hsu@morris.DEC (Yi-Fan Hsu DTN 279-5828 LMO2/E01) (10/21/85)

>> A friend and I are going crazy trying to remember the name and details
>> about a movie we saw sometime last year. The movie was about a man and
>> women (unmarried college students?) that were on vacation on a island of
>> the coast of Greece. This couple (who lived in a stone house) met this
>> other girl and they all had some strange type of love triangle. The had
>> a fight, it turned out to have a happy ending.
>>
>> If you can remember the name or the movie and details on what happened,
>> please post or send information to me. Thanks in advance.
>> --

>I believe that was _The_Tempest_ starring Susan Serandon (sp).  A modernized
>remake of the shakespearean play.
>
>Matt

Sorry, that's not the plot to "Tempest".  "Tempest" was about father,
daughter and father's girl friend (Susan Sarandon) spending time on a Greek
island.

The movie in question here is "Summer Lovers".  I don't remember the names
of anybody who was in there, but I do remember the plot above is generally
correct.  The movie featured a couple of hit songs on its soundtrack that
no one knew they came from the movie.  The songs were "It's Hard to Say I'm
Sorry" by Chicago and "I'm So Excited" by the Pointer Sisters.

y.