[comp.lang.forth] DOS and PYGMY

wmb@MITCH.ENG.SUN.COM (Mitch Bradley) (08/18/90)

FS> If I see a (pretty) way around this, BANG! goodbye  DOS.

And goodbye to your market.

Mitch

dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us (Doug Philips) (08/21/90)

In <9008201429.AA05607@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, wmb@MITCH.ENG.SUN.COM (Mitch Bradley) writes:
> FS> If I see a (pretty) way around this, BANG! goodbye  DOS.
>
> And goodbye to your market.
>
> Mitch

Yep.  I currently have a copy of Pygmy 1.2.  If I actually used it
(i.e. had the time to do *any* Forth programming) I'd send in the
registration fee.  If Pygmy dropped DOS file support I'd drop Pygmy like
a hot potato.  But I'm only one user.  I want to write code that I can
share with others (I'd use the ANSI proposed extended wordset for Files
built on top of Pygmy to write my application).

-Doug

---
Preferred: ( dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us  OR  ...!{sei,pitt}!willett!dwp )
Daily: ...!{uunet,nfsun}!willett!dwp  [last resort: dwp@vega.fac.cs.cmu.edu]