[comp.lang.forth] FORTH on UNIX

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (07/30/90)

Category 18,  Topic 64
Message 8         Sun Jul 29, 1990
GARY-S                       at 12:36 EDT

 In article <8739@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu>
               bush@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Anthony Bush) writes:

 >I have just recently started learning FORTH.  I also use UNIX quite
 >frequently.  I was wondering if there is any way or program that
 >allows you to type out your programs and run them on UNIX, as there

    Get cforth83 from Mitch Bradley at Bradley Forthware, Box 4444,
    Mt. View, CA 94040
      - or -
    Get Mikael Patel's shareware TILES (make sure you get version 2.0)
    available on the GEnie Forth RoundTable and MANY nixpubs.

      Gary Smith, co-SysOp GEnie Forth RoundTable
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: uunet!willett!dwp or willett!dwp@hobbes.cert.sei.cmu.edu

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (09/07/90)

Category 18,  Topic 64
Message 12        Thu Sep 06, 1990
GARY-S                       at 07:29 EDT

 In Message <15345.26e3b7da@levels.sait.edu.au>
                             etrmg@levels.sait.edu.au (Ronn) writes:

 >> I would like to get a high quality, PD, C or C++ -based Forth
 >> interpreter.
 >> Richard M. Emberson rme@spl26.fac.ford.com
 >
 >Try F-PC. It's a biggie for DOS machines.

     Wrong ! PD it is, but F-PC is NOT C or C++ based. If you want a
     PD Forth written in C or C++ get Mikel Patel's TILES, available
     on many nixpubs, GEnie, and FNEAS. Also, while not FREE, Mitch
     Bradley's _almost_ free CForth is one you should certainly give
     consideration to. Bradley Forthware, Box 4444, Mt. View, CA 94040.

     Gary
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: uunet!willett!dwp or dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us