[net.movies] A Funny Bad Movie - "Brainiac"

hhs@hou2h.UUCP (H.SHARP) (10/22/85)

 I caught a great bad movie the other night called "Brainiac"
I believe.  The basic plot was that some alien or supernatural
being had been burned at the stake during the Spanish Inquisition
as a witch and had returned centuries later to kill the descendants
of the people who had killed him (I didn't really understand how
this worked).  The hook in this film is that the monster can
hypnotize people, is irresistible to women, and sucks the brains
out of his victims.  He looks like a normal man until he attacks.
Then he looks like a normal man with a hairy rubber mask on and
funky monster gloves.  Once at a party he gives for his future
victims, while everyone else is having cocktails, he goes to
a private stock of brains he keeps in a cabinet and dips
out a portion into his martini glass.  Yummy!
Perhaps the funniest part is when the police inspector is describing
the crimes to his assistant over lunch.  Of course the assistant is
having calves' brains.  The movie was probably made in the '50's
and is dubbed, which makes it perfect.  I wonder when the remake will
come?

Happy eats,
Chip.

Subject: Great Bad Movie - "Brainiac"
Newsgroups: net.movie

[...]

lauren@vortex.UUCP (Lauren Weinstein) (10/23/85)

"The Brainiac" recently ran on the "Commander USA's Groovie Movies"
show on the USA satellite service.  Pretty grim.  Just for the record,
it was made (and I use the term "made" loosely) in Mexico (1963).
Don't hold your breath for the sequel.

--Lauren--