[comp.lang.forth] Help with FORTH engines?

kube@cs.UAlberta.CA (Ron Kube) (10/26/90)

Being a neophyte to the world of embedded systems programming I am looking
for information on FORTH engines and development boards/environments.  I have seen the Novix and Sh-Boom engines mentioned in the ACM's SIGFORTH publication andI have also heard of Rockwell's line of FORTH engines.

Can anyone help point me in the correct direction to information on the engines
and development environments available?  Also mentioned in SIGFORTH in the publication "Embedded Systems Programming", would anyone have an address?  One last
question, are there any other FORTH engines other than those I have already
mentioned?

Thanks,

Ron

koopman@a.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Philip Koopman) (10/27/90)

In article <kube.656952484@menaik>, kube@cs.UAlberta.CA (Ron Kube) writes:
> Can anyone help point me in the correct direction to information on the engines
> and development environments available?  Also mentioned in SIGFORTH in the publication "Embedded Systems Programming", would anyone have an address?  One last
> question, are there any other FORTH engines other than those I have already
> mentioned?

Embedded Systems Programming is a controlled circulation magazine for
embedded systems programmers/managers (you fill out a question card and
they send you a subscription for free).  Embedded Systems Programming,
500 Howard St., San Francisco, CA  94105.  (800) 950-0523.

The November 1990 issue has an article by Jack Woehr listing Forth
chips available including: Novix (no longer available), RTX2000,
Zilog Super8, SC32, MISC, and ShBoom.  There is also the F68HC11 which
is a 68HC11 with Forth in on-chip ROM.  A technical library will
probably have the back issue (with a subscription order card in it).

  Phil Koopman                koopman@greyhound.ece.cmu.edu   Arpanet
  2525A Wexford Run Rd.
  Wexford, PA  15090
Senior scientist at Harris Semiconductor, and adjunct professor at CMU.
I don't speak for them, and they don't speak for me.

techie@public.BTR.COM (Bob Vaughan techie@btr.com) (10/28/90)

   F68HC11   a motorola 68HC11 with forth in the cpu
available in several development boards.

New Micros Inc
1601 Chalk Hill Rd
Dallas, Tx 75212
214-339-2204