[net.movies] A title help

absary@watmath.UUCP (Al Sary) (10/16/85)

Reading so much about bad movies, I remembered this movie I say years ago
which was quite bad, and I can't seem to remember its title.

It was about these man shaped creatures who lived in a lake.  They
were the sideeffects of some artificial fish food that was supposed to enhance
the fish population in the lake drastically (or maybe the creatures eat the
fish, I can't seem to remember the exact details).  Anyways, these creatures
needed human females to reproduce, so this small town's female population
was kidnaped one by one by the creatures (and some man were killed along
the way).

I don't know if anyone has seen this movie, or I was the only unfortunate
victim (I deserved it; I just walked into the theatre, and I had no idea
what kind of a movie I was going to see).  I know the movie topped the
worst movies of the year list in a newspaper (even if you don't care
much for newspaper reviews, you have to admit that is not too bad).

I don't think I would nominate this movie for the totally bad movies,
because I thought it wasn't badly done, but the story was just so stupid
that I probably won't forget this movie for a while yet.

If anyone was so unfortunate to witness this movie, and you can remember
its title, let me know, and also what you thought of it.  It started by
a little boy falling off a fishing boat because some huge "object" was
caught in the fishing net (one of those creatures); then all we could see
was a lot of blood, and the boy was history.  The end was strange; a
scientist lady found one of the girls who was captured by the creatures,
and they wanted to perform the birth of the little creature.  Sockingly,
the neat little creature elected to come through the chick's belly.

Fun movie, you say.

hammer@uiucdcsb.CS.UIUC.EDU (10/21/85)

Sounds like "Humanoids" (or maybe it was "Humanoids From the Deep").

				     David Hammerslag
                                     University of Illinois
                                     1304 W. Springfield
                                     Urbana, Illinois 61801

                                     {pur-ee, ihnp4} ! uiucdcs ! hammer
                                     hammer@uiuc.csnet     hammer@uiuc.arpa

shiue@h-sc1.UUCP (steve shiue) (10/24/85)

> It was about these man shaped creatures who lived in a lake.  They
> were the sideeffects of some artificial fish food that was supposed to enhance
> the fish population in the lake drastically (or maybe the creatures eat the
> fish, I can't seem to remember the exact details).  Anyways, these creatures
> needed human females to reproduce, so this small town's female population
> was kidnaped one by one by the creatures (and some man were killed along
> the way).

	I believe the film in question is the infamous
"Humanoids From the Deep" (lurid ads - "They came from
20,000 fathoms - and they wanted our women!!" or something
on that order).  I saw this on videotape with some friends
one drunken night, and yes, it was a stinker.  I believe
that this general theme has been explored before in such
fine B-movie offerings as "Mars Needs Women."

			-Steve Shiue

"You better go to Rio, where they don't have Thanksgiving."
	-A very thin Tom the Turkey to a very fat Daffy
Duck

bch@mcnc.UUCP (Byron C. Howes) (10/24/85)

In article <16869@watmath.UUCP> absary@watmath.UUCP (Al Sary) writes:
>Reading so much about bad movies, I remembered this movie I say years ago
>which was quite bad, and I can't seem to remember its title.
>
>It was about these man shaped creatures who lived in a lake.  They
>were the sideeffects of some artificial fish food that was supposed to enhance
>the fish population in the lake drastically (or maybe the creatures eat the
>fish, I can't seem to remember the exact details).  Anyways, these creatures
>needed human females to reproduce, so this small town's female population
>was kidnaped one by one by the creatures (and some man were killed along
>the way).

The film you remember is "Humanoids from the Deep."  The word "lurid"
was created to describe this film.  It starred Doug McLure and the late
Vic Morrow, both who should have known better.  Despite this, it is not
a totally bad film -- for what reason, however, I can't imagine.
--

						Byron C. Howes
				      ...!{decvax,akgua}!mcnc!ecsvax!bch