[net.movies] BUCKEROO BANZAI sequel

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (10/26/85)

> From:	pedsgd!bobh	(Bob Halloran)

> I have heard a completely unconfirmed rumor that 20th Century is
> actually considering making 'Buckaroo Banzai vs. the World Crime
> League', based on the videocassette's success and the minor gold
> mine the team in question subsequently produced .. 'Back To The
> Future'.

What team in question? BUCKEROO BANZAI was done by W.D. Richter (director)
and Earl Mac Rauch (writer). Richter's written a number of films, the only
one of which that comes to mind being DRACULA with Frank Langella, but
BUCKEROO is his only directorial credit. The only other film I know of
written by Earl Mac Rauch is NEW YORK, NEW YORK.

BACK TO THE FUTURE was brought to us by Bob Zemeckis and Bob Gale, whose
previous credits include USED CARS and ROMANCING THE STONE. Spielberg & Co.
produced BTTF, but not BB, so it can't be the producers that are being
referred to.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}
	!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA

<"Filmography is my pastime">