[comp.lang.forth] Distant Drums

GEnie@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (12/19/89)

 Date: 12-17-89 (22:42)              Number: 1468 (Echo)
   To: GARY-S                        Refer#: NONE
 From: SYSOP (ECFB/SHIFRIN)            Read: NO
 Subj: DISTANT DRUMS                 Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 GS>  Do we have ANY mechanics in place to respond to SAM*JEDI other than
 GS>  snail-mail lip service ? France's SAM*JEDI (Forth Association) is

 I'm not sure about its current status, but we did have a
 MetroLink connection to London. They took a major hardware hit a
 few weeks ago and we haven't seeen any sign of them since, I've
 been told they plan to be back in touch RSN/ADN.

 BTW, there's some discussion going on of a possible link to South
 Africa.  Now that should make for some interesting fireworks
 <grin>.
 ---
  * QDeLuxe 1.10 #214s
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated program.
Report problems to: 'uunet!willett!dwp' or 'willett!dwp@gateway.sei.cmu.edu'

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (01/11/90)

Category 14,  Topic 8
Message 38        Wed Jan 10, 1990
GARY-S                       at 18:12 EST

 Marc Peterman of France's Association Jedi has decided to send
 me FAX's of code <sigh>. I now have three pages of some
 interesting printer function code. I also have no intention
 of re-keying this information. If anyone is interested in
 doing so and posting it to either the library or the BBS I
 will mail it to you. Otherwise, it will go to the bottomless
 file cabinet.
   e-mail me here on GEnie   GARY-S
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: 'uunet!willett!dwp' or 'willett!dwp@gateway.sei.cmu.edu'

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (05/07/90)

Category 14,  Topic 8
Message 45        Sun May 06, 1990
GARY-S                       at 09:22 EDT

  PORTED FROM UUCP mail =>
              ---------

 From lll-winken!uunet!mcsun!nsi!barran Thu May  3 17:26:53 1990
 To: well!gars
 Subject: FORTH Conference at NEXUS
 Date: 3 May 90 17:33:20 Spa (Thu)
 From: uunet!nsi.es!barran

         Dear Mr. Smith:

         I am Juanma Barranquero.  With Jesus Consuegra (another FIG member),
 I'm the moderator of the FORTH conference in NEXUS.  NEXUS is a spanish
 teleconferencing system based on CoSy, the same software as BIX.  At now we
 have 734 users, and 29 are members of the FORTH conference.  Moreover, we
 have a listings area with some Public Domain and ShareWare implementations
 of FORTH: F-PC, F83, PYGMY, ZEN, etc, and files from other sources, most
 notably OLIS (the Thomas Rolf's On-Line FORTH Server).  I'm writing to you
 to make you aware of our existence.

         My address:

         Juan Manuel Barranquero Rios
         P. O. Box 23145
         08080 Barcelona
         SPAIN

         E-mail:
         barran@nexus.nsi.es  (preferred)
         barran@nsi.es
         barran (on BIX)

         NEXUS' address:

         NEXUS Servicios de Informacion, S. L.
         Travesera de Dalt, 104-106, Entlo. 4-5
         08024 Barcelona
         SPAIN

         (Voice)  + 34 3 2103355
         (Modem)  + 34 3 2147262

         Looking forward to hear from you soon
                                                 Juanma Barranquero

 P.S.: I REALLY apologyze for my english :-)

   Juanma -

 Thanks for the e-mail regarding NEXUS. I will post the message you sent
 to the ForthNet and forward it to the editor of 'Forth Dimensions'.
 Please be patient regarding any listing or notice in the 'Forth Dim.'
 Resources section. The lead time for publication is v-e-r-y long.
   Good luck ! and please keep me informed of your activities.

    Gary

 ps - I thought your English was superb !!!!
-----

 Date: 05-05-90 (11:10)              Number: 3206
   To: ALL                           Refer#: NONE
 From: FIG MELBOURNE                   Read: HAS REPLIES
 Subj: PEN PALS                      Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 We have received the following letter from East Germany.

 "                        Borgereude 20.4.1990

 Hallo !

 I'm member in the FIG of the German Democratic Republic.  My english is
 not so good, but I hope you can understand me.  From the FIG in
 California I had get your address.

 I'm 18 years old, go in a matriculation class, live straight from
 school, have a sister, us house is situated near the Baltic Sea perhaps
 30 kilometer to Rostock.

 Since 2 years I learning to work in FORTH, CP/M, MS-DOS, UNIX I think
 it's necessary for me to change information about FORTH and so I hope
 you can help me.

 Perhaps you can send me a address from a boy or girl, who also interest,
 or give me another address.  We can also change information about
 cultural and other things.  What do you know?  I don't no why not?  I
 would be most grateful if you would help me in this matter.

 Yours Sincerely,
 Bert Bolm

 Seestrasse 25
 Borgerende
 2561
    GDR "

 Would anyone like to reply?
 The only female Forth programmers our chapter can think of are Elizabeth
 Rather and Terri Sutton.  No one recalls seeing one in Australia.  On
 ages we have one member of 25 and then it's 30 and up.

 Does this say something about the long term future of FORTH?
 ---
  * Via ProDoor 3.0

 NET/Mail : Australian Connection Forth Board (Melbourne) 61 3 8091787
-----

 Date: 05-05-90 (13:43)              Number: 3212 (Echo)
   To: FIG MELBOURNE                 Refer#: 3206
 From: SYSOP (ECFB/SHIFRIN)            Read: NO
 Subj: PEN PALS                      Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 >Does this say something about the long term future of FORTH?

 Well, at least it indicates that we're internationally connected.
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: 'uunet!willett!dwp' or 'willett!dwp@gateway.sei.cmu.edu'

gamber@cosmo.UUCP (Johannes Teich) (05/08/90)

 FIG Melbourne> We have received the following letter from East Germany.
   [...]
 Bert Bolm> I'm member in the FIG of the German Democratic Republic.
 Bert Bolm> I'm 18 years old,
   [...]
 FIG M> Would anyone like to reply?
 FIG M> The only female Forth programmers our chapter can think of are
 FIG M> Elizabeth Rather and Terri Sutton.  No one recalls seeing one in
 FIG M> Australia.  On ages we have one member of 25 and then it's 30 and up.

My daughter is 19 and male, but I'll contact Bert anyway (by snail mail).

   --Hannes  (Murnau, West Germany)                | gamber@cosmo.uucp |
                                                   | fido 2:507/414.20 |

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (06/30/90)

 Date: 06-27-90 (16:42)              Number: 3426 (Echo)
   To: ALL                           Refer#: NONE
 From: SERGEI BARANOFF                 Read: (N/A)
 Subj: HELLO FROM RUSSIA             Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 Hello to Forth colleagues from Russian Forthman Sergei Baranoff
 currently staying at BCIT with Jack Brown. Forth in the USSR
 is promoting intellectual development of our society.

 Any local Forthers are welcome to attend the BC FIG meeting on
 June 28 at 7.30 pm, British Columbia Institute of Technoogy,
 Room 1A-324.

 I will be leaving Vancouver on July 1 for Boston visiting
 Dick Miller at MMS.

 Sergei Baranoff

 NET/Mail : British Columbia Forth Board - Burnaby BC - (604)434-5886
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: uunet!willett!dwp or willett!dwp@hobbes.cert.sei.cmu.edu

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (06/30/90)

Category 14,  Topic 8
Message 52        Fri Jun 29, 1990
D.RUFFER [Dennis]            at 22:12 EDT

Re: Sergei Baranoff

Welcome to the ForthNet Sergei, we are very glad you had time to check us out
while you were here.  Now, is there any possibility of getting a ForthNet node
started in Russia?  Wouldn't that drive the politicians crazy on both sides of
the border. :-)

DaR
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: uunet!willett!dwp or willett!dwp@hobbes.cert.sei.cmu.edu

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (07/01/90)

Category 14,  Topic 8
Message 53        Sat Jun 30, 1990
GARY-S                       at 07:16 EDT

  In a welcome to Sergei Baranoff, Dennis Ruffer writes:

 DR>             Now, is there any possibility of getting a ForthNet node
 DR> started in Russia?  Wouldn't that drive the politicians crazy on both
 DR> sides of the border. :-)

      According to Jack Brown, just such a possibility DOES exist. Sergei
    was able to communicate with a colleague while in California via a
    sattellite link. Upon his return to Leningrad there will be a test to
    determine if the link can be used on a continuing (if limited) basis.

    Other items of interest regarding Sergei's visit:
      I had hoped to arrange for a impromptu guest conference on GEnie.
    There simply was not enough time.
      However, Dick Miller has located two recent Russian emigre(s), and
    IF Larry is able to invite Sergei again next year, we will try to set
    up a conference with him and one of the emigre.
      By the way, both of these recent arrivals are Forth proficient and
    in need of employment.
-----

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (07/05/90)

 Date: 07-02-90 (11:27)              Number: 3449 (Echo)
   To: DENNIS RUFFER                 Refer#: 3431
 From: JACK BROWN                      Read: NO
 Subj: DISTANT DRUMS                 Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 >while you were here.  Now, is there any possibility of getting a ForthN
 >started in Russia?  Wouldn't that drive the politicians crazy on both s

 While Sergei was in San Francisco he met Bill Leland who knows how to
 send e-mail to Moscow using ECHO-net via a direct sattelite link.
 ECHO-net has gateways to BITNET so when Sergei arrives back home in
 Lenningrad we are going to try a 2-way communication.

 We know that it is possible because Bill Leland sent e-mail to one
 of Sergei's colleagues and they received a reply the next morning.

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (07/18/90)

 Date: 07-14-90 (10:14)              Number: 3517 (Echo)
   To: ALL                           Refer#: NONE
 From: IAN WATTERS                     Read: (N/A)
 Subj: HELLO FROM THE UK             Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 Hello everyone,

 I asked Ed Cowling of the wonderful Islington BBS in London to take
 this conf and here we are -- hello from the UK!

 I've used Forth for about 7 years now.  On the PC, I use Kelly's
 PC-Forth and F-83 2.1 & am trying to get into Tom Zimmer's F-PC
 (though since I banned Forth from my hard disk machine, that's
 proving difficult given the quantities of source!) and Zen Forth
 (version 1.7 -- was that the one in Dr Dobbs this January?)

 I find Forth to be more useful on my 8-bit machines, an Atari 800 and
 two CP/Ms.  This is because Forth packs so much power into so little
 space.  It's also excellent for controling strange hardware like the
 Atari's graphics and sound chips.  But with all the memory available
 on the PC, environments like Turbo Pascal's are just so much more
 convenient and the code they produce is fast and compact.  So Forth
 has been relegated to helping develop TSRs and learning how to control
 the PC's hardware which is sad.

 Are there any PC Forths that give Turbo a run for its money in speed
 and ease?

 ---
  ~ EZ 1.30 ~ Thanks, Ian
  ~ TomCat! 2.0 w # Via Node 1 Islington BBS  +44 71 226 1248

 PCRelay:IBBSNET -> #143 RelayNet (tm)
 4.10a15            <Islington BBS> London UK +44 71 704 0760

 NET/Mail : DC Information Exchange, MetroLink Int'l Hub.  (202)433-6639
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: uunet!willett!dwp or willett!dwp@hobbes.cert.sei.cmu.edu

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (08/06/90)

Category 14,  Topic 8
Message 56        Sun Aug 05, 1990
GARY-S                       at 13:59 EDT

  PORTED FROM the WELL =>
              --------

 From jax Thu Aug  2 19:38:42 1990
 From: jax (Jack J. Woehr)
 Subject: Re: UUCP <--> FidoNet
 To: lll-winken!uunet!mcsun!euskom.spritel.es!Marcos_de_la_Puerta_Borja
 Date: Thu, 2 Aug 90 19:38:24 PDT
 Cc: borja.marcos@f3.n344.z2.fidonet.ORG

 >     How are you?

         Just fine, and you? How is FIG doing in Spain?

 >     I have found a gateway between UUCP and FidoNet.
 >     For example, to send a message to the user Borja Marcos at the node
 > 2:344/3, you must use the address: borja.marcos@f3.n344.z2.fidonet.ORG

         Great, I'll try to send a copy of this that way.

 >     This can be the solution to send the ForthNet messages to FidoNet.
 > We would need to subscribe one BBS to FIGI-L, and the mail would be relayed
 > to the others.

         I'll forward this to gary smith, and see what his response is.

 > P/S. What kind of CPU boards do you sell at Vesta? I am using actually a
 > TDS9090 with a 63A03Y, but I like to be up to date about the embedded
control
 > market.

         We sell boards based on the 8088, 80188 and 68000 ... next comes
 a board with the Intel 80196, in a few more months. Send me your mail
 address for a catalog.

                 =jax=

 To: lll-winken!uunet!mcsun!euskom.spritel.es!Marcos_de_la_Puerta_Borja
     jax
 Cc: borja.marcos@f3.n344.z2.fidonet.ORG

 Juan -
   This is GREAT news. I am extremely anxious to see your group in
 the ForthNet loop. Please do not hesitate to let me know how things
 are progressing. Is there something I can do from this end ?
   Gary
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: uunet!willett!dwp or willett!dwp@hobbes.cert.sei.cmu.edu

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (08/20/90)

Category 14,  Topic 8
Message 58        Sun Aug 19, 1990
GARY-S                       at 06:37 EDT

  PORTED FROM the WELL =>
              --------

 From: uunet!euskom.spritel.es!Marcos_de_la_Puerta_Borja
 Date: Sat, 11 Aug 90 12:39 +0100
 Subject: Re:  Received note in FidoNet
 To: well!gars

  Dear Gary,
     I actually receive comp.lang.forth through FIGI-L, so I do not need to
 use FidoNet, but the other members of FIG do not have access to UUCP, BITNET,
 etc. This is why I am exploring the possibilities of FidoNet, as accessing to
 a BBS is very easy. There is at least one BBS at most cities in Spain, and I
 try to see if the other members will have access to email, which, you know,
 is really interesting.

     This is a list of the spanish members with email:

     Inigo Losada: los_ini_t@euskom.spritel.es
                   inigo.losada@f3.n344.z2.fidonet.ORG
     Roberto Deza: RDA@CPD.UNAV.es
     Jesus Consuegra: jesusc@nexus.nsi.es
     Juanma Barranquero: barran@nexus.nsi.es

     There is another member who has just bought a modem, and is trying to
 login in some BBSs, but he is having some problems.

     Regards,

     Borja Marcos

 To: uunet!euskom.spritel.es!Marcos_de_la_Puerta_Borja

 Dear Borja,
   Thank you for the update. Since you have access to Usenet you already
   know our exchanges are being made public on ForthNet and comp.lang.forth.
   I think it important for your efforts in Spain to be recognized and
   encouraged. It is also important for others to realize this opportunity
   is because we have access to advanced communications.
   I hope your good example will encourage others to make the effort to
   realize global connectivity with other Forth users.
   Your associates may be further encouraged to know we are in the process
   of placing FNEAS (ForthNet Email Archive Server) on line to provide Forth
   files for all systems. Eventually it will echo much of the file base now
   available on GEnie, but not accessible to distant contacts like you.

   Regards,

   Gary Smith
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: uunet!willett!dwp or dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us

dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us (Doug Philips) (08/20/90)

In <1559.UUL1.3#5129@willett.pgh.pa.us>, GARY-S writes:

>    Your associates may be further encouraged to know we are in the process
>    of placing FNEAS (ForthNet Email Archive Server) on line to provide Forth
>    files for all systems. Eventually it will echo much of the file base now
>    available on GEnie, but not accessible to distant contacts like you.

Actually, anyone who has email access to UseNet can theoretically have
access to FNEAS.   Overseas access should be possible.  Realisticly it
will depend on speed/cost of links, etc.

-Doug

---
Preferred: ( dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us  OR  ...!{sei,pitt}!willett!dwp )
Daily: ...!{uunet,nfsun}!willett!dwp  [last resort: dwp@vega.fac.cs.cmu.edu]

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (08/27/90)

Category 14,  Topic 8
Message 59        Sun Aug 26, 1990
GARY-S                       at 08:37 EDT

  PORTED FROM the WELL =>
              --------

 From: uunet!euskom.spritel.es!Marcos_de_la_Puerta_Borja
 Date: Sun, 19 Aug 90 12:23 +0100
 To: RDA@CPD.UNAV.es, well!gars

      I am now convincing Spanish members to buy a modem and join the email
 world. I am also studying the possibility of setting up my own Eunet
(European
 UUCP) node to ease the message traffic between BBSs and c.l.f. I will keep
 you up to date about our progress.

      Ah, Jax told me that Leo Brotzman is going to close FIGI-L. Do you
 know anything about it? Do you know of any other path to continue receiving
 c.l.f in case FIGI-L disappears? (Sorry, but Spanish lines are awful.)
 I ha not direct access to Usenet, so I must receive the messages through
 a Bitnet Listserver.

      Regards,

      Borja Marcos.
 P.S. Ah, I have a proposal that might be interesting. Have you heard of
 AX.25? There is an amateur network over radio, running this packet-switching
 protocol and TCP/IP. Lis between countries can be established in Short
 Wave (for example 15 MHz) and local links in VHF.

 To: RDA@CPD.UNAV.es uunet!euskom.spritel.es!Marcos_de_la_Puerta_Borja
 Subject:|4r)e:  Received note in FidoNet

 Dear Borja,
  Lee Brotzman has not closed down his BITnet server - yet. He very
 much would like to get out of the net server business, but Lee is a
 class act and hopes to first locate a successor. If no volunteers
 come forward and the requirements of his work and home life become
 too great you can be sure the server will go down.

  X.25 is the current most common form a packet switching in use. There
 is a strong effort to replace it with X.400 and other protocols, but
 the X.25 (and TCP/IP) base of users will prevent a sudden and dramatic
 change.

  I wish you luck with your efforts to get more members e-mail connected.
 Several of us, including Jax and myself have been singing that same song
 here, but people who do not use e-mail can not imagine what a powerful
 tool it is. You may have to resort to placing it in a few hands and then
 take it away after they have discovered the rich world they can tap into.
 Then they will be eager to be included.

   Gary
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: uunet!willett!dwp or dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (08/27/90)

Category 14,  Topic 8
Message 60        Sun Aug 26, 1990
B.RODRIGUEZ2 [Brad R.]       at 16:34 EDT

I'll attempt a direct reply to Borja via Usenet, but I thought I'd post a
general reply here.

AX.25 is the X.25 variant developed by amateur radio operators for packet
radio.  (I'm still learning, but I gather that the main differences are in
node identification, to satisfy legal requirements for amateur radio
transmitters.)  The amateur packet radio network includes low-speed, long-haul
HF (3 to 30 MHz) links, and high-speed, local-area VHF and UHF links.

I am interested in such a proposal.  I'm planning to acquire a packet
interface for my HF rig in a few weeks.  At present I have no VHF capability,
alas.

Incidentally, in June I sent a similar proposal back with Igor Agamirzian of
the Forthinfo coop in Leningrad, and he has forwarded it to the Soviet
amateurs' magazine "Radio."

Anyone else interested in this?

- Brad, VE3RHJ
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: uunet!willett!dwp or dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (11/20/90)

Category 14,  Topic 8
Message 65        Mon Nov 19, 1990
GARY-S                       at 06:42 EST

 Lance -
   I just received a forwarded message from jax that you originated.

   re: comp.lang.forth <-> ForthNet
  -  I receive usenet newsgroup comp.lang.forth, and generally have to
     hand sort and stuff the messages onto GEnie's Forth RoundTable.
  -  Doug Philips reverses this process by retrieving messages off of
     GEnie's Forth RoundTable and forwarding them to comp.lang.forth.
     His task is much more automated, because he has to deliver _all_
     messages in common to only one target. It would be totally auto-
     mated except he must hand-reject those not permitted on comp.lang.
     forth. ie: blatantly commercial and idle chatter are killed.
   - Jim Wenzel, SysOp of Grapevine is the other major cog. Jim retreives
     messages off GEnie and stuffs them into conference 58 on Grapevine.
     His task is _totally_ automated since he need only filter all the
     capture through a trap to remove messages I have tagged with the
     Ported from xCFB's => header.
   - I also complete this loop by retrieving messages from Grapevine
     and hand sorting them and stuffing them in the appropriate category
     and topic on GEnie. I can automate the kill on messages that Jim
     retrieved from GEnie, but I have no way to sort except manually.
   - Ray and Jax have already begun their maildrops on Grapevine, so we
     have benefit of their messages along with those that come off RIME.
     We are missing yours and Jack Browns' traffic. Grapevine is debugged
     so you need only register on 501-753-8121. Thereafter you can use
     501-753-6859 which will hunt if busy and the other line is open.
     Please try to get ACFB back into the loop, Lance.

   re: my UUCP address:
     I am sending this from my home site, so you should have a complete
     path. The bang path from uunet is ...
                 uunet!ddi1!lrark!glsrk!gars
                   please note, the backbone is    d d i 1 (one) not l (el)
     Lance, you will probably have to use an explicit bang path until all
     path lists are updated.

      Best regards, Gary
     __         _ (Gary Smith) uunet!ddi1!lrark!glsrk!gars * gars@glsrk.uucp *
    / _' _   _ (_' P. O. Drawer 7680    *  GEnie Forth RT  &  Unix RT SysOp  *
   /__/ (_|_/ '._) Little Rock,AR 72217 * winken!well!gars * claris!wet!gars *
  ----------------        - U. S. A. -  * ames!chinet!gars * ph:501-227-7817 *

  I chatted with Jim after I had sent you the above via uucp, so I hope
  you will also read this, Lance. Jimadvises there is RIME activity in
  OZ, and it would be a relatively simple matter for you to link ACFB
  with an Australian RIME hub. If you can not locate one from your end,
  we can gather that information and forward it to you. cheers - gars
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us or uunet!willett!dwp

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (12/28/90)

 Date: 12-22-90 (19:31)              Number: 642 of 656 (Echo)
   To: GARY SMITH                    Refer#: NONE
 From: JIM WENZEL                      Read: NO
 Subj: OZ board.                     Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)

 Gary,

     Saw a message where the Aussie board  had dropped off of rime due to
 costs... so  as of right  now.. I don't  think we have  an Aussie on the
 network.
 <<<>>>
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett.  You cannot Reply to the author
using email.  Please post a follow-up article, or use any instructions
the author may have included (USMail addresses, telephone #, whatever).
Report problems to: dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us or uunet!willett!dwp

) (01/15/91)

In article <2169.UUL1.3#5129@willett.pgh.pa.us>, ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) writes:

>  Date: 12-22-90 (19:31)              Number: 642 of 656 (Echo)
>    To: GARY SMITH                    Refer#: NONE
>  From: JIM WENZEL                      Read: NO
>  Subj: OZ board.                     Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
>  Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)
>
>  Gary,
>
>      Saw a message where the Aussie board  had dropped off of rime due to
>  costs... so  as of right  now.. I don't  think we have  an Aussie on the
>  network.

Wot's this about no Aussies?  I'm here, but on the net, not GEnie.
 I tried to figure out how to access GEnie some time ago, but to no avail.

How can I use OTC (Overseas Telecommunications Commission) and their Data
Access service to get into GEnie via telenet or Tymnet or some other sneaky
standard way?

Ronn   I'm here. . .