[net.movies] A suggestion

absary@watmath.UUCP (Al Sary) (10/16/85)

After reading the totally bad movies list, I thought that someone should
start a funniest movies list.  I know I always have several movies which I
consider to be the funniest I have ever seen, and I am sure other people
have some favorites.

I only started subscribing to net.movies recently, so I don't know if
such discussion has already been on here, but I though it might be interesting
if it hasn't.

terryl@tekcrl.UUCP () (10/18/85)

> After reading the totally bad movies list, I thought that someone should
> start a funniest movies list.  I know I always have several movies which I
> consider to be the funniest I have ever seen, and I am sure other people
> have some favorites.
>
> I only started subscribing to net.movies recently, so I don't know if
> such discussion has already been on here, but I though it might be interesting
> if it hasn't.

     Good idea!!! I nominate "Blazing Saddles" as one of the funniest movies
I've ever seen!!! It's the movie that all western parody-type movies are
compared to.

jsl@princeton.UUCP (Jong Lee) (10/19/85)

> > After reading the totally bad movies list, I thought that someone should
> > start a funniest movies list.  I know I always have several movies which I
> > consider to be the funniest I have ever seen, and I am sure other people
> > have some favorites.
> >
> > I only started subscribing to net.movies recently, so I don't know if
> > such discussion has already been on here, but I though it might be interesting
> > if it hasn't.
>
>      Good idea!!! I nominate "Blazing Saddles" as one of the funniest movies
> I've ever seen!!! It's the movie that all western parody-type movies are
> compared to.

I nominate Stripes, Back to the Future, Philadelphia Story, and
	The Lemon Drop Kid (Bob Hope)

leeper@mtgzz.UUCP (m.r.leeper) (10/20/85)

The movies I remember laughing hardest at are BEDAZZLED, A CHRISTMAS
STORY, and the current AFTER HOURS.  There may be others I laughed
equally hard at, but they do not come to mind.  There are very funny
moments in START THE REVOLUTION WITHOUT ME, but it isn't that good
overall.  The same goes for SOUP FOR ONE.  My first viewing of any
Monty Python was the film AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT,
and at the time it was pretty funny.

				Mark Leeper
				...ihnp4!mtgzz!leeper

showard@udenva.UUCP (showard) (10/22/85)

> After reading the totally bad movies list, I thought that someone should
> start a funniest movies list.  I know I always have several movies which I
> consider to be the funniest I have ever seen, and I am sure other people
> have some favorites.
>
> I only started subscribing to net.movies recently, so I don't know if
> such discussion has already been on here, but I though it might be interesting
> if it hasn't.

   Sounds like fun.  Here's my list (in no particular order):

* Monty Python and the Holy Grail
* Life of Brian
* any Pink Panther movie with Peter Sellers (including A Shot in the Dark)
* Murder by Death
* This is Spinal Tap
* After Hours

--Mr. Blore, the DJ who would not die
--aka Steve Howard, ...udenva!showard
--"On second thought, let's not go to Camelot.  It's a silly place."

davew@shark.UUCP (Dave Williams) (10/24/85)

>> After reading the totally bad movies list, I thought that someone should
>> start a funniest movies list.........................

>   Sounds like fun.  Here's my list (in no particular order):
>* Monty Python and the Holy Grail
>* Life of Brian
>* any Pink Panther movie with Peter Sellers (including A Shot in the Dark)
>* Murder by Death
>* This is Spinal Tap
>* After Hours

Above is a sample of type of movies people on the net consider funny.
It seems to me that the lists are a bit narrow, focusing in on movies
released in the last 5 years or so. I would like to add several others
to the list that predate most of the titles being offered:

* The Long Long Trailer          Lucy and Desi on the big screen
* Arsenic And Old Lace           Carey Grant with aunt problems
* Those Magnificent Men And
  Their Flying Machines          A study in national character
* It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World   What a little greed will do

Add to this list anything my Laurel and Hardy prior to WWII and
the Marx Bros. As far as more recent funny movies, my
favorites are:
* The Blues Brothers              SNL alumni on a quest
* Trading Places                  Turn about is fair play
* Stir Crazy                      Funny movie, terrible TV show
* Nine To Five                    ditto
--

                                    Dave Williams
                                    Tektronix, Inc.

goodrum@unc.UUCP (Cloyd Goodrum) (10/28/85)

In article <1129@princeton.UUCP> jsl@princeton.UUCP (Jong Lee) writes:
>> > After reading the totally bad movies list, I thought that someone should
>> > start a funniest movies list.
>>      Good idea!!! I nominate "Blazing Saddles" as one of the funniest movies
>> I've ever seen!!! It's the movie that all western parody-type movies are
>> compared to.
>
>I nominate Stripes, Back to the Future, Philadelphia Story, and
>	The Lemon Drop Kid (Bob Hope)
I nominate:

1) Duck Soup
2) Strange Brew ( One of the all time great stoopid films. If you really
want to have some fun, go see it and see how many parallels you can find
to Hamlet. I counted five.)
3) No Time For Sergeants
4) Rock 'N Roll High School (Sort of the Ramones version of "A Hard Days
Night". )

	Cloyd Goodrum III

adrienne@datacube.UUCP (10/28/85)

       How about " Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"????????