[comp.lang.forth] To the xCFB's / ForthNet

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (02/13/90)

 Date: 02-11-90 (19:04)              Number: 2889 (Echo)
   To: JACK WOEHR                    Refer#: 2844
 From: JERRY SHIFRIN                   Read: NO
 Subj: FINC BBS                      Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 JW>       When they consider linking the FInc BBS into ForthNet, they
 JW>should ask themselves, "Will a direct electronic line to the most
 JW>interested, active Forth programmers in the world hurt us?" :-)

 I don't mean to sound snide (honestly!), but hasn't Forth Inc
 already answered that question by deciding not to market a Forth
 product for less that $3k ($4k?)?
 ---
  * QDeLuxe 1.10 #214s
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: 'uunet!willett!dwp' or 'willett!dwp@gateway.sei.cmu.edu'

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (10/24/90)

Category 14,  Topic 6
Message 57        Tue Oct 23, 1990
GARY-S                       at 06:06 EDT

   Calling Memphis Forthers.
  .
   Are there any Forthers in or near Memphis, Tennessee reading this
 thread ? If so please respond with a name and way to contact you. I
 just talked to a guy who has moved to Memphis from Corvalis, Oregon
 and thinks he stepped into Forth's equivalent of death valley.
   Apply on comp.lang.forth or any ForthNet node.
  .
   Thanks, Gary
    __         _ (Gary Smith)texbell!attctc!blackbox!bl133!lrark!glsrk!gars *
   / _' _   _ (_' P. O. Drawer 7680    *  GEnie Forth RT  &  Unix RT SysOp  *
  /__/ (_|_/ '._) Little Rock,AR 72217 * winken!well!gars * claris!wet!gars *
  gars@glsrk.uucp        - U. S. A. -  * ames!chinet!gars * ph:501-227-7817 *
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us or uunet!willett!dwp

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (11/26/90)

Category 14,  Topic 6
Message 66        Sun Nov 25, 1990
GARY-S                       at 06:25 EST

  TO* Jerry Shifrin
   re: files

   Jerry -
     I received the files and installed them on Grapevine Friday. Thanks.
  Jim is trying to cough up a file list besides the one I pulled off
  GEnie for descriptions now. If you still have yours you might want to
  include it in the group of utilities you are apparently sending Jim.
  You can also send those to me if you wish, and I will see they get to
  Jim pronto.

      That will put a excellent nucleus of Forth files on Grapevine. WE
  also worked out an arrangement with the CAVE, so Roger Lee and Chris
  Waters will also have the files on that system.

      Thanks again, Gary
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us or uunet!willett!dwp

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (02/21/91)

Category 14,  Topic 6
Message 80        Wed Feb 20, 1991
GARY-S                       at 06:12 EST

 Subject: Re: To the xCFB's / ForthNet / comp.lang.forth / BITNET / ...

 In <4351@dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov>
              brotzman@nssdcb.gsfc.nasa.gov (Lee E. Brotzman) writes:

 >   Ordinarily, I would support setting some kind of standards in posts
 >to ForthNet, except in this case, which is so silly.

    It was a _request_, nothing more. It is NOT GEnie, BitNet or Usenet
 that chokes on longer line lengths. GEnie does expand the port by one
 character because I invoke the 'no format' command to maintain the same
 appearance as when posted. This, will then cause line-wrap when moved
 to the PC-Board based RIME network.
    The above is merely for purposes of explanation. As I noted in my
 original request, and have repeated above... this is a request. It will
 just make life easier for me, when crossing boundaries.
   Gary
     __         _  Gary Smith           * ... uunet!ddi1!lrark!glsrk!gars  *
    / _' _   _ (_' P. O. Drawer 7680    * GEnie Forth RT  &  Unix RT SysOp *
   /__/ (_|_/ '._) Little Rock,AR 72217 *   voice phone  :  501-227-7817   *
   ---------------        - U. S. A. -  *   group 3 fax  :  501-228-9374   *
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett.  You *cannot* reply to the author
using e-mail.  Please post a follow-up article, or use any instructions
the author may have included (USMail addresses, telephone #, etc.).
Report problems to: dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us _or_ uunet!willett!dwp