[comp.lang.forth] New Forth Boards

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (06/08/90)

 Date: 06-05-90 (08:24)              Number: 596 (Echo)
   To: ALL                           Refer#: NONE
 From: JACK WOEHR                      Read: HAS REPLIES
 Subj: 80196? 8031? NEW SBC!         Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

        Vesta Technology is interested in the possibility of building
 YASBC (Yet Another Single Board Computer).

        Currently, we make SBC's based on the 8088, 80188 and 68000.

        We would want to add one based on one of the popular controller
 chips ... the 8031 or the 80196.

        Straw poll time!

        Among the cognoscenti out there ... which would be neater for
 you? A $99.00 SBC w/Forth based on the 8031, or a $199.00 SBC w/Forth
 based on the 80196?

        =jax= "inquiring youth wants to know!"

 NET/Mail : RCFB Golden, CO (303) 278-0364 VESTA & Denver FIG for Forth!

   To: JACK WOEHR                    Refer#: 416
 From: JACK WOEHR                      Read: NO
 Subj: 80196? 8031? NEW SBC!         Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 >       We would want to add one based on one of the popular controller
 >chips ... the 8031 or the 80196.

        I should have mentioned that these will be targeted at
 low power consumption applications.

 NET/Mail : RCFB Golden, CO (303) 278-0364 VESTA & Denver FIG for Forth!
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: uunet!willett!dwp or willett!dwp@hobbes.cert.sei.cmu.edu

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (06/08/90)

Category 4,  Topic 3
Message 26        Thu Jun 07, 1990
B.RODRIGUEZ2                 at 23:04 EDT

My opinion?  The 8031 board.  I deal in small and cost-sensitive applications.
-Brad
-----

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (06/10/90)

 Date: 06-07-90 (10:56)              Number: 603 (Echo)
   To: JACK WOEHR                    Refer#: 596
 From: DAVID ALBERT                    Read: NO
 Subj: 80196? 8031? NEW SBC!         Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 Hi Jax,
    I have been building 80188 systems for myself for quite a while
 now...can you tell me what you folks offer, and whether or not you have
 checked out the new 80C186 with static registers and ultra-low-power
 mode?  If so, did you like it?  I am also interested in any embedded
 software offerings you may have (embedded Forths, RTOSs, etc.)  I have
 been writing my own, but often that doesn't pay in the long run.
    Thanks!   (PS...If I remember my Latin, its 'Non' not 'Ne')  See ya!
-----

 Date: 06-07-90 (14:20)              Number: 605 (Echo)
   To: JACK WOEHR                    Refer#: 596
 From: ANIL RODRIX                     Read: NO
 Subj: 80196? 8031? NEW SBC!         Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 How about a Mot 68832? is that to expensive at present?

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (06/11/90)

 Date: 06-08-90 (08:45)              Number: 610 (Echo)
   To: ANIL RODRIX                   Refer#: 605
 From: JACK WOEHR                      Read: NO
 Subj: 80196? 8031? NEW SBC!         Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 >How about a Mot 68832? is that to expensive at present?

        In a word, yes. We did look at this attractive chip, especially
 since we already vend the SBC68K based on the MC68000 ( $295 w/ Forth).
 But we couldn't see a great demand for a single board computer based
 on a part as expensive as the 68832 right at this point. Of course,
 Anil, if you want to order 100 of them ... :-)

                =jax=

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (06/14/90)

 Date: 06-12-90 (00:29)              Number: 616 (Echo)
   To: ANIL RODRIX                   Refer#: 605
 From: DARRYL BIECH                    Read: NO
 Subj: 80196? 8031? NEW SBC!         Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 If the $25-$50 price of the 8052AH-BASIC is not too high, I would
 definitely be interested in seeing an SBC that implements the EPROM and
 EEPROM programming potential of this system. Although it is designed
 with BASIC (not a toy, this BASIC) interfacing with assembly language,
 the interface could also be to FORTH since the MCS BASIC-52 User's
 Manual gives a thorough description of the control stack (loops,
 subroutine control), argument stack (arithmetic), internal stack (which
 "grows up" rather than down which is what the other two do) and other
 features with enough examples to satisfy most people. With several
 schematics, and lots of timing information, it looks quite interesting.
                                                            - d.b.

 NET/Mail : British Columbia Forth Board - Burnaby BC - (604)434-5886
-----

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (07/11/90)

 Date: 07-05-90 (09:01)              Number: 645 (Echo)
   To: ALL                           Refer#: NONE
 From: JOE BROWN                       Read: (N/A)
 Subj: FORTH TARGET BOARD            Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

      I have received some information from Horne Electronics about their
 stand alone target board based on the Mitsubishi 7700 chips.  This is a
 super-set chip of the good old 6502.  The chips can address 16 meg of
 external memory, have 8 16 bit timers, a 12 bit watchdog timer, 68 i/o
 lines, two uarts, hardware multiply and divide, 19 interrupts on 7
 levels and an 8 bit a/d with 8 channel multiplexor.  ( Some superset,
 huh ? ).  Horne provides this in a target board 4.5" square with a 6k
 byte forth kernel ( fig forth based ).  The cost for the 8 Mhz version
 is $200.00, and the 16 Mhz version is $225.00.  Other items include
 memory expansion boards and Eprom programmer boards.  For further
 information, contact :
          Horne Electronics, Inc.
          33122 181st Ave.   S.E.
          Auburn, Wa.  98002
          (206) 735-0790
      I don't have any direct experience with this board, but I
 understand that the principle of Horne was the developer of at least
 some of the Rockwell Aim-65 forth systems.
-----

 Date: 07-05-90 (22:40)              Number: 646 (Echo)
   To: JOE BROWN                     Refer#: 645
 From: JERRY SHIFRIN                   Read: 07-06-90 (09:40)
 Subj: FORTH TARGET BOARD            Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 JB>     I don't have any direct experience with this board, but I
 JB>understand that the principle of Horne was the developer of at least
 JB>some of the Rockwell Aim-65 forth systems.

 I thought that was Randy Dumse of New Micros?
 ---
  ~ EZ 1.30 ~
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: uunet!willett!dwp or willett!dwp@hobbes.cert.sei.cmu.edu

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (07/11/90)

Category 4,  Topic 3
Message 36        Sat Jul 07, 1990
GARY-S                       at 07:59 EDT

   To: JERRY SHIFRIN
 Subj: FORTH TARGET BOARD

   In a message on ECFB Jerry Shifrin writes:
 JB>understand that the principle of Horne was the developer of at least
 JB>some of the Rockwell Aim-65 forth systems.
 >
 >I thought that was Randy Dumse of New Micros?

    So did Randy. The question is,'who is Horne?'
-----

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (09/09/90)

 Date: 09-01-90 (01:30)              Number: 3720 (Echo)
   To: ALAN LOWNE                    Refer#: NONE
 From: JEFFERY WOOD                    Read: NO
 Subj: TDS9092                       Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 I have never heard of the "single board FORTH computer", where do I find
 it?
                                  Jeffery

 PCRelay:BLUELK -> #433 RelayNet (tm)
 4.10              Blue Lake - West Linn OR - 503 655-0842 - HST

 NET/Mail : DC Information Exchange, MetroLink Int'l Hub.  (202)433-6639
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: uunet!willett!dwp or dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (03/21/91)

Category 4,  Topic 3
Message 42        Wed Mar 20, 1991
A.LOWNE                      at 22:51 EST

At last I've found my way on to the New Forth Boards page!!! Triangle Digital
Services of London, UK have just introduced an exciting new Forth board, which
is highly compatible with their previous TDS9090 and TSDDS9092.  Caledled the
TDS2020, it is based on the Hitachi hH8/532 chiprocessor, with 8ch 10-bit A/D
and 3 ch 8-bit D/A plus 16K Forth kernel on-chip. Up to 45K is available for
program ROM, and 512K for NVRAM data-logging, which can be done at 500uA !!!
Niormal current draw is 40mA.  Easy hookup
 to lcd's/keypads and on-board watchdog timer and realtime clock make this 16-
bit device a steal at $299 in 25's.  Details from 716-425-3735 or fax 716-425-
3835 as I don't get to this BB very often.  ERROR^^^^^^^ 716-425-3753 is
correct phone no.  SORRY!!
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett.  You *cannot* reply to the author
using e-mail.  Please post a follow-up article, or use any instructions
the author may have included (USMail addresses, telephone #, etc.).
Report problems to: dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us _or_ uunet!willett!dwp