[comp.lang.forth] Basis 15 in human-readable form - rtfrtf.el

ceder@lysator.liu.se (Per Cederqvist) (04/06/91)

I have written a small package for GNU Emacs that transforms the Basis
15 .rtf-files to plain text. The program is available via anonymous
ftp from nanny.lysator.liu.se (130.236.254.13). Log in as user "ftp"
with your email address as password. cd to pub/text and get
rtfrtf.tar.Z (currently 14099 bytes).

If you don't have access to ftp I could mail the file to you if you
send your email address and a note that you want 'rtfrtf.el'.

Some information is lost in the conversion, but the resulting files
are _much_ more readable than the .rtf-files...

Enjoy!
			ceder@lysator.liu.se <Per Cederqvist>

gvrod@CCVAX.IASTATE.EDU (R Eldridge, VAX Systems) (04/10/91)

In article <565@lysator.liu.se>, ceder@lysator.liu.se (Per Cederqvist) writes:
>I have written a small package for GNU Emacs that transforms the Basis
>15 .rtf-files to plain text. The program is available via anonymous
>ftp from nanny.lysator.liu.se (130.236.254.13). Log in as user "ftp"
>with your email address as password. cd to pub/text and get
>rtfrtf.tar.Z (currently 14099 bytes).

can you put the text version of Basis 15 on your FTP machine as well?
Then I would not have to "get" Basis 15 and "get" rtfrtf from you and do the
convert myself.

rod eldridge             gvrod@isuvax.bitnet or gvrod@isuvax.iastate.edu
iowa state university    (515)294-7498

ceder@lysator.liu.se (Per Cederqvist) (04/11/91)

gvrod@CCVAX.IASTATE.EDU (R Eldridge, VAX Systems) writes:

>In article <565@lysator.liu.se>, ceder@lysator.liu.se (Per Cederqvist) writes:
>>I have written a small package for GNU Emacs that transforms the Basis
>>15 .rtf-files to plain text. The program is available via anonymous
>>ftp from nanny.lysator.liu.se (130.236.254.13). Log in as user "ftp"
>>with your email address as password. cd to pub/text and get
>>rtfrtf.tar.Z (currently 14099 bytes).
>>
>can you put the text version of Basis 15 on your FTP machine as well?
>Then I would not have to "get" Basis 15 and "get" rtfrtf from you and do the
>convert myself.

Well, I could do it, but I don't want to commit a copyright
infringement. Part of the basis text says:

%Begin quote

  Copyright 1991 by the ANS ASC X3/X3J14 Technical Committee

  Any reproduction, disclosure, or unauthorized use of this document,
either in whole or in part, is expressly forbidden without prior
permission in writing from:

  ANS ASC X3/X3J14 Technical Committee
111 N. Sepulveda Blvd., Suite 300
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266

%End quote

I live in Sweden, and paper mail to the US and back again would take
several weeks. Maybe someone who reads this, and lives in the US could
get permission and store it at his/her site?

Besides, I'm not sure that I would get permission. rtfrtf.el is far
from perfect. Some tables look awkward after the transformation. ANS
might not like to be connected to a document that looks as
unprofessional as the output from rtfrtf.el does.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

				ceder@lysator.liu.se

ritchie@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com (David Ritchie) (04/13/91)

Incidently, what style file are you suppost to be used to format the
basis document? The tables are funny looking when I print them out
with NORMAL.STY using a Deskjet Plus - should I be using a different
style sheet?

-- Dave Ritchie
ritchie@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com