[comp.lang.forth] On-line updates and comments

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (11/29/90)

Category 1,  Topic 4
Message 10        Tue Nov 27, 1990
W.FEDERICI                   at 19:42 PST

(Oops! Maybe that's why no one ever requested copies...)

F83 ported to Atari ST, a similar 32-bit version, and "cross-meta- compilers"
running on MS-DOS but producing 68000 Forths are available on request:
 . Wilson M. Federici ( GEnie W.FEDERICI  CompuServe 74756,2716 )
 . 1208 NW Grant, Corvallis OR 97330

[Internet/UseNet users:  CompuServe users are accessible as:
    #.#@compuserve.com
 To fend off the two most common "but it doesn't work" errors:
	Replace the comma in the user ID with a period!
	compuserve.com has the last 'e' in compuserve!
 -dwp]
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us or uunet!willett!dwp

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (12/06/90)

Category 1,  Topic 4
Message 12        Tue Dec 04, 1990
W.FEDERICI [Wilson]          at 20:19 PST

  I hadn't uploaded any of these files because I'd had no requests for them
when I mentioned them here a couple of times -- I assumed, (wrongly?) that
there was little interest in F83 for the Atari ST (a machine that seems to be
almost moribund) or in F83 on 68000 machines in general.
  In any case, I'll upload the "first installment" tonight and the rest as
time allows, and we'll see if anyone bites.
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us or uunet!willett!dwp

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (12/08/90)

Category 1,  Topic 4
Message 15        Fri Dec 07, 1990
D.RUFFER [Dennis]            at 22:22 EST

Re: JAMES MEYER

 > copyrites of GEnie?

GEnie copyrights the compilation of this information (i.e. you are not allowed
to present this information is the same format {menus, screens, directories,
etc.} that GEnie does).  The Forth Interest Group retains the rights to the
information contained in the files and messages (and promptly puts that
information into the public Forth domain).  The author also retains whatever
rights he chooses to place on the data (usually none in the Forth world).

Ok?   DaR
-----

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (12/13/90)

 Date: 12-10-90 (19:50)              Number: 452 of 483 (Echo)
   To: GARY SMITH                    Refer#: 399
 From: JAMES MEYER                     Read: NO
 Subj: ON-LINE UPDATES AND COMME     Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)

 GS> To: JAMES MEYER
 GS> Subj: FILES ON-LINE
 GS>
 GS>   You apparently haven't noticed, james. There has been over 1000 Forth
 GS>   files added to the Grapevine just recently. Others, including the ones
 GS>   you inquired about will be - but in time. This is something we do when
 GS>   we can.

 Gary,
  Thanks for the info.  I knew that the ECFB files were slated to go
 up on the board, but didn't know about posting the GEnie files here as
 well.  Looks like I'll be getting more than my money's worth when I
 finally send in my check to support Jim Wenzel's fine effort.

 BCNU,
 Jim
 ---
  ~ EZ 1.33 ~ Psychotronics   Ask me about it
 <<<>>>
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us or uunet!willett!dwp

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (12/30/90)

Category 1,  Topic 4
Message 26        Sat Dec 29, 1990
D.RUFFER [Dennis]            at 13:03 EST

Re: shri@ncst.ernet.in (H.Shrikumar)

 > Please, Oh please *DO* include the *FILE* *SIZE* when you
 > announce the availability of files.

FYI, the file size reported on the GEnie directory is not always the precise
size of the file.  It is never smaller than reality, but is frequently larger
due to the allocation schemes on the GEnie mainframes.

Glad ya likes it Shrikumar  :)

DaR
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett.  You cannot Reply to the author
using email.  Please post a follow-up article, or use any instructions
the author may have included (USMail addresses, telephone #, whatever).
Report problems to: dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us or uunet!willett!dwp

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (01/04/91)

 Date: 01-01-91 (00:22)              Number: 748 of 755 (Echo)
   To: ALL                           Refer#: NONE
 From: JACK WOEHR                      Read: (N/A)
 Subj: XD8051.ZIP                    Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)

         Paolo Ferreira's XD8051 cross-develoment environment for the
 8051 which runs under FPC has been re-uploaded to the RealTime Control &
 Forth Board and is now available for download.

         The previous XD8051.ZIP had been damaged in transfer. This file
 appears intact.

         If the GEnie gang will delete the current file, I will re-upload
 XD8051.ZIP to GEnie.

[When the corrected version appears, there will be another post (I hope)
 and I'll again offer it for email users.  -dwp]

                 =jax=

 NET/Mail : RCFB Golden, CO (303) 278-0364 VESTA & Denver FIG for Forth!
 <<<>>>
-----

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (02/27/91)

 Date: 02-23-91 (02:48)              Number: 1278 of 1301
   To: DENNIS RUFFER                 Refer#: 1170
 From: MARK BALCH                      Read: NO
 Subj: FILES ON-LINE                 Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)

 Hi, where does the average joe get these files from?  I've got a forth
 ZIP file or two but have not used it yet.  I'm interested in using
 forth with 8051 projects to start with.  Thanks!

                                 Bye,
                                   Mark
 ---
  ~ EZ 1.33 #1531 ~

 PCRelay:RUNNINGB -> #3 RelayNet (tm)
 4.10                Running Board 2126541349/DS/2125191791/HST/
 <<<>>>
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett.  You *cannot* reply to the author
using e-mail.  Please post a follow-up article, or use any instructions
the author may have included (USMail addresses, telephone #, etc.).
Report problems to: dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us _or_ uunet!willett!dwp

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (02/27/91)

Category 1,  Topic 4
Message 30        Mon Feb 25, 1991
GARY-S                       at 06:13 EST

   To: MARK BALCH
 Subj: FILES ON-LINE

 > Hi, where does the average joe get these files from?

   From Simtel20 if they are text or pc files
   From the Grapevine or the Cave or DataBit on RIME
   From Doug Philips FNEAS
   (Doug's signature file is on every post from him)
   From the GEnie Forth RoundTable.
   (among public information services GEnie really is the low priced spread)

    I'm not Dennis, but those are your answers.
      Gary
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett.  You *cannot* reply to the author
using e-mail.  Please post a follow-up article, or use any instructions
the author may have included (USMail addresses, telephone #, etc.).
Report problems to: dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us _or_ uunet!willett!dwp

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (03/18/91)

Category 1,  Topic 4
Message 31        Sun Mar 17, 1991
M.HAWLEY                     at 21:45 EST

I have noticed what appears to be a bug in Jack Brown's JBINPUT.SEQ - routines
for bullet proof number input. The response to the backspace
 key is not what I would expect. Using a somewhat outdated F-PC, the back
space key during #IN correctly alters the number on the st stack, but not the
screen display. His code is: : RUBOUT ( -- ) ( JBW 28 09 88 )
     CONTROL_H EMIT SPACE
     CONTROL_H EMIT
     -4 #OUT +!  ; My substitute , factored into two words, is: : back
control_h emit -2 #out +! ; : rubout  back space back ; This seems to work
correctly  on my system.  ...meh...

-----
This message came from GEnie via willett.  You *cannot* reply to the author
using e-mail.  Please post a follow-up article, or use any instructions
the author may have included (USMail addresses, telephone #, etc.).
Report problems to: dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us _or_ uunet!willett!dwp

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (04/09/91)

Category 1,  Topic 4
Message 35        Mon Apr 08, 1991
GARY-S                       at 06:10 EDT

[ If anyone would like a copy of one/more/all of these files, please
  drop me a note at one of the addresses at the end of this message.
  All binary files are UUencoded.  Files are then split (if necessary)
  into mailer-acceptable sized pieces and then mailed to you.
  In order for me to answer your request, you must:
      Include the line containing the file name. (so I know what you want.)
      Include your email address in the _body_ of the message.  You _must_
	  include an address *relative to* the InterNet or well known
	  UseNet site.
  -dwp]

See  file 2394, MISCPAPR.ZIP, for Charles Johnsen's SigForth ACM presentation.
It will give you a super leg up on his conference appearance Thursday, April
18. This will be a hardware oriented conference, but what a piece of hardware
the MISC chip is ! It is also great to have a Forth engine of this caliber
fill the void  left when Harris decided to halt continuation engineering on
RTX.
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett.  You *cannot* reply to the author
using e-mail.  Please post a follow-up article, or use any instructions
the author may have included (USMail addresses, telephone #, etc.).
Report problems to: dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us _or_ uunet!willett!dwp

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (04/14/91)

Category 1,  Topic 4
Message 36        Sat Apr 13, 1991
GARY-S                       at 07:10 EDT

To get a preliminary overview of this week's guest conference read the paper
Charles Johnsen presented to SigForth ACM. It is file #2394, titled
MISCPAPR.ZIP, posted by JAX. Further incentive for a great turn-out for Mr.
Johnsen's appearance, is that time spent in this RTC (April 18, 1991 at 6:30
pm Pacific, 9:30pm Eastern time is free time as prt of the GEnie $pring break
1991 promotion.
   ... besides, aren't you just a _little_ intrigued to discover what purpose
there is in having a 'write-only' instruction ?
-----