[comp.lang.forth] Forth on-line resources

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (01/11/90)

Category 14,  Topic 4
Message 23        Wed Jan 10, 1990
GARY-S                       at 08:13 EST

    To: ALL
  Subj: LMI returns to ForthNet

  LMI Forth BBS has reconnected to ForthNet ! For those who do not know,
  WCFB (West Coast Forth Board) was one of the original links in the CFB
  chain, provided for entirely by Ray Duncan and LMI. Like NCFB, WCFB was
  taken down due to insufficient message flow.
  Earlier this month Ray reintegrated the LMI support BBS into ForthNet.

   Laboratory Microsystems and Ray Duncan - Welcome Back !
               Gary

   an aside to GEnie subscribers: I will continue to place LMI specific
   messages in CAT1, TOP 45 LMI Forth(s), but will integrate messages of
   a general nature into the appropriate TOPics.  Gary
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: 'uunet!willett!dwp' or 'willett!dwp@gateway.sei.cmu.edu'

ForthNet@willett.UUCP (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (04/11/90)

 Date: 03-18-90 (22:54)              Number: 3103 (Echo)
   To: ALL                           Refer#: NONE
 From: BILL POISSANT                   Read: (N/A)
 Subj: AMCOM JOINS METROLINK         Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 Hi everyone!

 AMCOM, a Cleveland, Ohio based PCBoard is proud to announce that it has
 joined MetroLink, and that it will be carrying this conference.  We
 hope that you stop by and say howdy if you get a chance!  We support 6
 languages, offer over 100 conferences and 30 doors last time I checked.
 Foreign and out of state callers and sysops are numerous and welcome!

 If you have access to PC Pursuit, we are pursuitable (OHCLE)... if not,
 we support 38400 to 1200 baud, so hopefully, long distance is less of a
 problem than it might be otherwise   :)

 There are 22,000+ files on-line for the IBM/MS DOS, Amiga, and
 Macintosh user.  Opening baud rates for some of our phone lines follow:

     216 526-9480  2400/1200 baud (Main number)          USR Courier
     216 526-9482  9600/4800/2400/1200 baud              USR HST
     216 526-9485  19200/9600/4800/2400/1200 baud        USR HST
     216 526-9489  38400/19200/9600/4800/2400/1200 baud  USR Dual Std
     216 526-9480  2400/1200 baud (free caller node)     USR Courier

 New callers may call any of the above lines...  High speed callers
 are welcome to call the line with the fastest opening baud rate
 supported by your system.

 We look forward to our participation in MetroLink, and hopefully to
 seeing you on AMCOM as well.  Let me know if we can help in any way,
 and we will try to accomodate you.

                              Bill Poissant, Sysop

 NET/Mail : AMCOM, Ohio's Largest PCBoard, Cleveland, OH (216) 526-9480
-----

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (09/12/90)

 Date: 09-06-90 (22:45)              Number: 3735
   To: ALL                           Refer#: NONE
 From: JOHN HALL                       Read: HAS REPLIES
 Subj: HELP                          Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 Does anyone have any idea of bbs for forth in Australia thats up to date
 with the latest and can help with IBM and AMIGA.

 NET/Mail : RCFB Golden, CO (303) 278-0364 VESTA & Denver FIG for Forth!
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: uunet!willett!dwp or dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (09/14/90)

 Date: 09-10-90 (22:39)              Number: 3752 (Echo)
   To: JOHN HALL                     Refer#: 3735
 From: JERRY SHIFRIN                   Read: NO
 Subj: HELP                          Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 JH>Does anyone have any idea of bbs for forth in Australia thats up to date
 JH>with the latest and can help with IBM and AMIGA.

 The Australian Connection Forth Board is in Melbourne at
 61-3-8091787.
 ---
  ~ EZ 1.32 ~
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: uunet!willett!dwp or dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (10/15/90)

Category 14,  Topic 4
Message 32        Sun Oct 14, 1990
GARY-S                       at 06:25 EDT

  For those who have wondered about the sudden pause in ForthNet ports
 from the xCFB's, the pc-board branch of ForthNet here finally is an
 explanation. Work requirements and years of dedication to the original
 CFB, the East Coast Forth Board, finally took its toll on ECFB SysOp
 Jerry Shifrin; and he elected to call it quits. Despite personal need
 to the contrary, Jerry stuck it out long enough for us to locate a
 new central node for the CFB's that would have a SysOp willing to deal
 with the mail porting necessary to maintain the ForthNet bridge.

  WE have located such a BBS and such a SysOp in Jim Wenzel of the
 nationally recognized Grapevine, located in Little Rock, Arkansas. While
 Grapevine is NOT accessible via pc-pursuit, it is accessible via StarLink
 on node 9858. The Forth conference area on Grapevine is 58.

  Jim's board is pc-board and maintains storage for 2 gigabytes. Jim was
 already a major node in the RIME network, so we are fortunate to have
 him and Grapevine as members of ForthNet. Those interested in accessing
 Grapevine directly, registration is via data phone number 501/753-8121.
 Once registered use 501/753-6859. Any baud rate up to 19200 is supported
 on either line. Line 753-6859 rolls over if busy and the other line is
 open.

  We owe a great debt of gratitude to Jerry Shifrin for his tireless
 dedication all this time. I can absolutely guarantee if not for Jerry
 there would be no ForthNet. Jerry started ECFB when he was, indeed, a
 single light in the darkness; and was a tremendous help and influence
 when we began the long process of building what is now ForthNet.

  Good Luck in whatever your future endeavors may be, Jerry. We will all
 miss you. I can promise I will.

  Welcome to the club Jim Wenzel. We are lucky someone as dedicated as
 you was willing to take up the slack.

    __         _ (Gary Smith)texbell!attctc!blackbox!bl133!lrark!glsrk!gars *
   / _' _   _ (_' P. O. Drawer 7680    *  GEnie Forth RT  &  Unix RT SysOp  *
  /__/ (_|_/ '._) Little Rock,AR 72217 * winken!well!gars * claris!wet!gars *
  gars@glsrk.uucp        - U. S. A. -  * ames!chinet!gars * ph:501-227-7817 *
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us or uunet!willett!dwp

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (10/16/90)

Category 14,  Topic 4
Message 33        Mon Oct 15, 1990
D.RUFFER [Dennis]            at 02:03 EDT

Maybe Gary has said it all, but I can not let the ECFB end without adding my
own sincere gratitude to Jerry Shifrin for starting this network.  Although
Jerry was not the first to have the idea of getting Forth programmers
communicating electronically, he was the one who made it happen.  His untiring
efforts are the reason we are all here, and his dedication is what we can all
aspire to.

I am very sorry to see the end, but I can certainly understand the reasons (as
everyone who has tried it can).  This is a hard and sometimes thankless "job".
It takes a special kind of person to be able to handle it, and Jerry is that
kind.  I hope we can live up to his dream, and Jerry, I do hope you can find
the time to stop by every now and then to see how we are doing.  Your input
will always be valued highly and welcome no matter what happens in the future.

To Jim Wenzel, welcome to the nightmare!  <smile>

I know we are still working out some of the details, but I will do my best to
facilitate it in any way that I can.  Please don't be afraid to speak up about
anything you see problems with.  We try to be a family here (with fueds and
everything :-) but we are not above admitting we have made mistakes.  We look
forward to your enlightenment.

DaR
-----

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (10/22/90)

   To: ALL                           Refer#: NONE
 From: JERRY SHIFRIN                   Read: (N/A)
 Subj: ECFB Shutdown                 Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 I appreciate all the complimentary messages, but please allow me
 to just leave this one generic thank-you.  I've had a great time
 doing this and gotten a lot out of it.  I'm planning to stay in
 touch via GEnie or MetroLink/RIMe, so long good-byes are not at
 all necessary.
 It's FORTH and long -- time to punt!
 ---
  ~ EZ 1.32 ~
-----

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (10/26/90)

   To: GARY SMITH                    Refer#: 2119
 From: RAY DUNCAN                      Read: NO
 Subj: GRAPEVINE                     Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 Could you register me too?  I haven't had any luck getting through to
 that BBS.  Here is the info:

    <deleted>

 I'm very dubious about this use of Grapevine for a hub.  I really think
 this will be the end of Forthnet; the Grapevine guy has no special
 reason to help us keep going, and his board is so busy we are going to
 have a hard time completing the mail transfers.

 I offered before to have the LMI BBS serve as the hub, if other people
 would handle the Genie/UNIX mail transfers.  I still think this is a
 better solution over the long term.

 NET/Mail : LMI Forth Board, Los Angeles, CA (213) 306-3530
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett through a semi-automated process.
Report problems to: dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us or uunet!willett!dwp

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (10/26/90)

 [ A great to do about nothing, but then perhaps I'm the one who is
   misunderstanding?  -dwp]

 Date: 10-24-90 (11:18)              Number: 2121 (Echo)
   To: RAY DUNCAN                    Refer#: NONE
 From: STEVE PALINCSAR                 Read: NO
 Subj: GOODBYE                       Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 I think you're right about this being the end of forthnet; certainly the
 shutdown of the ecfb will be the end of the line for me.  So let me take
 the opportunity to say goodbye.  It's been a great five years, and I've
 really enjoyed communicating with you.  Keep up the great articles!  And
 farewell...
-----

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (10/27/90)

 Date: 10-24-90 (22:04)              Number: 4088 (Echo)
   To: ALL                           Refer#: NONE
 From: DAVID BREEDING                  Read: (N/A)
 Subj: FORTH UUNET...                Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

[I wasn't too sure about porting this because of the commercial aspect.
 Feedback on either side is appreciated.  Drop me a note at one of the
 addresses at the end of this message.  -dwp]

 With ECFB going down it will be necessary to find alternative boards for
 Forthers to meet and exchange ideas online.  GEnie is an excellent
 resourse, but it cost $.  It is very easy to run up a large bill just
 keeping track of the latest Forth discussions.

 If you need to upload/download files, then GEnie is your best bet in the
 Washington area.  However, I have an alternative if all you want to do
 is read the messages.  There is a board in the area (with 9 nodes) that
 has the 'comp.lang.forth' uunet discussion board.  All 9 nodes are 2400
 baud, and the system runs a custom unix board (kind of different but
 still good).  There are 2 nodes open for non-members and 7 for members,
 membership cost $25 a year, and includes membership in 'the game'.

 The number is (703) 239-8993.

 Tell them Dave Breeding (M0103) sent you...
-----

 Date: 10-23-90 (23:19)              Number: 4089 (Echo)
   To: JERRY SHIFRIN                 Refer#: NONE
 From: KEN FLOWER                      Read: NO
 Subj: ECFB AND DATA BIT NET         Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 Jerry, I know it's a poor substitute for your excellent board, but I
 will seriously consider a separate file section for FORTH files and
 attempting to carry on your good works here on the Data Bit NETWork.
 I've been out of town for the last 4 or 5 days so haven't had a chance
 to really tell you how sorry I am to see your board go down.  I'll be
 happy to do as much as I can to help your users in any way I can.
 ---
  ~ RNet 1.05M:MetroNet: Data Bit NETWork * Alexandria, VA * (703) 719-9648

 NET/Mail : DC Information Exchange, MetroLink Int'l Hub.  (202)433-6639
-----

 Date: 10-25-90 (22:24)              Number: 4093 (Echo)
   To: KEN FLOWER                    Refer#: 4089
 From: SYSOP                           Read: NO
 Subj: ECFB AND DATA BIT NET         Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 >will seriously consider a separate file section for FORTH files and
 >attempting to carry on your good works here on the Data Bit NETWork.

 That's great news, Ken.  I'll be happy to mail you a complete set of
 files if you're able to keep them around.

 To anyone else:  Ken runs an excellent BBS with probably the greatest
 selection of conferences around.  I recommend it heartily.  Call his
 board at:

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (10/30/90)

 Date: 10-28-90 (11:22)              Number: 4108 (Echo)
   To: ALL                           Refer#: NONE
 From: SYSOP (ECFB/SHIFRIN)            Read: (N/A)
 Subj: SHUTDOWN                      Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 ECFB will be shutting down on October 31st, 1990.  I invite local folks
 to call these other DC area BBS's which carry the Forthnet FORTH
 conference.  They will also be carrying some of the Forth files (as soon
 as I can get them in the mail).

    Virginia Connection - 703-648-1841
    DATABIT Network     - 703-719-9648

 See also the DC area BBS list (DCBB1090.ZIP) and the national BBS list
 (USBBS77.ZIP) for general listings.  These may be viewed online as
 bulletins 31 and 32 (type "B 31" and "B 32").

 It's FORTH down and this is the two-minute warning...

 It's been a gas, gang!
-----

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (11/01/90)

 Date: 10-27-90 (00:39)              Number: 4111 (Echo)
   To: JERRY SHIFRIN                 Refer#: NONE
 From: KEN FLOWER                      Read: NO
 Subj: ECFB AND DATA BIT NET         Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 -> That's great news, Ken.  I'll be happy to mail you a complete set of
 -> files if you're able to keep them around.

 Jerry, I have the disk space and will be more than willing to dedicate
 some of it to Forth files.  I'll attempt to continue to carry the Forth
 conference as long as it's offered and will act as a clearing house of
 sorts for Forth information in the area.
 ---

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (11/02/90)

 Date: 10-28-90 (18:05)              Number: 4119 (Echo)
   To: JERRY SHIFRIN                 Refer#: NONE
 From: IAN WATTERS                     Read: NO
 Subj: ECFB AND DATA BIT NET         Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE

 [Is there anyone in the UK on UseNet or the Internet who could
  shuttle files to these people?  I would be willing to email files
  to an intermediary in the UK, provided that it would not cause
  financial woes for the sites doing the mail transport.  -dwp]

 ->DCINFO

 JS=>>will seriously consider a separate file section for FORTH files and
   =>>attempting to carry on your good works here on the Data Bit NETWork.

 JS=>That's great news, Ken.  I'll be happy to mail you a complete set of
   =>files if you're able to keep them around.

 Jerry,

 Is there any chance of sending $40 (the amount of dollars I have) worth
 of disks to the UK?

 I don't know why, but it always seems we're years behind the US in the
 availability of PD and s/w Forth source code.  Yes, F83 version 2.1
 Yes, F-PC version 3.5  And yes, Fig (of course).  But then I have to
 start thinking hard!

 I've seen BBL-Forth reviewed in Byte (just reprinted in the Fig-UK
 magazine).  But I've never seen a copy here.  I've seen copies of
 Guy Kelly's PC-Forth -- but they originate from the copy he kindly
 sent me in 1987 when I ordered a copy of his Forth editor.  I can't
 think of any others.

 If you can do it, please either email me on RIME or snail me at

   Herga House
   London Road
   Harrow on the Hill
   Middx
   Great Britain
   HA1 3JJ

 I'll give any files to Fig-UK -- we are meant to have a disk library,
 but it seems to have fallen into disuse...

 Thanks!

   / /\ /\/
 ---
  ~ SLMR 1.0 #109 ~ Hope this gets to you in time!

 PCRelay:OLEF -> #181 RelayNet (tm)
 4.10a15         The Node is OLEF, HUB is HUBOLEF1 in the UK

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (11/13/90)

 Date: 11-12-90 (03:57)              Number: 177 of 177 (Echo)
   To: ALL                           Refer#: NONE
 From: JIM WENZEL                      Read: (N/A)
 Subj: FORTH FILES                   Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)

 Allow me to introduce myself and the BBS

 My name is Jim Wenzel and I am the sysop of the GrapeVine BBS.  The
 GrapeVine is gratefull to have been given the opportunity to step in and
 take over the valuable service that Jerry has been giving to the Forth
 Community.  The hub change is nearing completion with the addition of
 the netmail door and the only block at this point is porting the
 messages in from Genie.  I and others are working on this as fast as we
 can but are dealing with code that was written a couple of years ago by
 someone else and at best we are misssing at least one library (we think
 it may have been a custom written one at that).  Give us time and we
 should have that part up and working soon.
     I would like to put out a request to all the Forth users that if you
 might have some Forth related files that I could get in order to enhance
 this section of the BBS I would be very grateful.  At present I have
 none available.  I do have a fair amount of source code available for
 Pascal, C, Basic, Assm, as well as several general utility programs.

     A little about the BBS.  Not a very old system but it has grown
 considerably in its short existance.  Brought online in October of last
 year on a tandy 1000sx with a 40 meg hard drive and a 1200 baud modem
 the board now runs on a 386-33 w/8meg of 70nanosecond ram, 2.4 gigs of
 storage and two high speed modems (1 HST and 1 Dual).  The GrapeVine
 serves as a Hub for Rime and at present is looking at other nets to join
 with, particularily along the programming theme.  We support many
 computer types here but the majority of files are related to IBM and
 Amiga as well as a healthy programming area.     The GrapeVine offers
 full access on the first call and is presently undergoing a
 restructuring to help facilitate finding your way around.

     Well I have taken up enough message space and a special thanks to
 Gary Smith for allowing this BBS to participate with a fine group of
 folks...

 ps... any good pascal programmers out there??
 <<<>>>
-----

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (11/19/90)

 Date: 11-14-90 (10:04)              Number: 214 of 217 (Echo)
   To: ROBIN MILLER                  Refer#: 184
 From: RAY DUNCAN                      Read: NO
 Subj: FORTH                         Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)

    >with the demise of ECFB... where does one go for Forth
 There's the LMI Forth Board, there's the Creative Solutions forum on
 CompuServe, and there's the BIX Forth conference, just for starters.

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (11/22/90)

 Date: 11-18-90 (07:25)              Number: 240 of 242
   To: ALL                           Refer#: NONE
 From: KEN FLOWER                      Read: (N/A)
 Subj: FORTH FILES ON-LINE           Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)

 I have been working on getting up the FORTH files from Jerry Shifrin and
 have them on-line here at Data Bit NETWork.  Jerry is still around and
 is taking an active part in all of the conferences, so any FORTH
 questions you have can be directed to him.  I'm a long way from a FORTH
 programmer (got any Paradox or Novell questions?), but will do
 everything I can to keep all of you FORTH-ers happy and content.
 ---
  ~ MetroNet: Data Bit NETWork * Alexandria, VA * (703) 719-9648

 PCRelay:DCINFO -> #16 MetroLink (tm) International Network
 4.10              DC Info Exchange MetroLink International Hub
 <<<>>>
-----

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (12/09/90)

 Date: 12-06-90 (21:19)              Number: 397 of 397 (Echo)
   To: BOB JENNER                    Refer#: 380
 From: JOE MAMA                        Read: NO
 Subj: GENIE                         Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)

 I dunno...  Stopped reading BYTE about a year before they lost Ciarcia.
 BIX was East Coast board only at the time.  Do they have a So. Cal.
 number now?  Do they have anything of value to FORTH people?

                                              "Joe"

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (12/11/90)

 Date: 12-09-90 (13:48)              Number: 425 of 429 (Echo)
   To: ALL                           Refer#: 19
 From: JIM WENZEL                      Read: (N/A)
 Subj: FORTH ON-LINE RESOURCES       Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)

 GS>  Jim's board is pc-board and maintains storage for 2 gigabytes. Jim was
 GS> already a major node in the RIME network, so we are fortunate to have
 GS> him and Grapevine as members of ForthNet. Those interested in accessing
 GS> Grapevine directly, registration is via data phone number 501/753-8121.
 GS> Once registered use 501/753-6859. Any baud rate up to 19200 is supported
 GS> on either line. Line 753-6859 rolls over if busy and the other line is
 GS> open.

    Please leave me a comment after you log in that you are a
 member of the Forth-Net for the free upgrade.  The GrapeVine is
 a semi-pay board but extends open (free) access to all members
 of the forth community in an effort to help promote all
 programming languages.  of course we will still accept donations
 <Grin>.....
 ---
  ~ EZ 1.32 #1250 ~ Support your local BBS!
 <<<>>>
-----

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (12/17/90)

 Date: 12-13-90 (18:00)              Number: 515 of 522 (Echo)
   To: ANIL RODRIX                   Refer#: 505
 From: JIM WENZEL                      Read: NO
 Subj: FILES ON-LINE                 Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)

 AR>What is the address of the Grape-vine BBS ?

 The GrapeVine BBS
 P.O. Box 15023
 Little Rock, AR 72231

 5324 Camp Robinson Rd. <-shipping address
 N. Little Rock, AR 72118

 (501)753-8121  Public Node
 (501)753-6859  Private node with roll-over to other number (leave me a
                message stating that you are part of the Forth-Net for free
                upgrade)

 (501) 753-0381  Voice (home number)
 <<<>>>
-----

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (12/28/90)

 Date: 12-23-90 (17:36)              Number: 668 of 674
   To: JIM WENZEL                    Refer#: 642
 From: DENNIS MCCUNNEY                 Read: 12-25-90 (00:12)
 Subj: OZ board.                     Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)
 JW3     Saw a message where the Aussie board  had dropped off of
 JW3 rime due to costs... so  as of right  now.. I don't  think we
 JW3 have  an Aussie on the network.

     We had a Saudi Arabian board (a Hub, no less) for a while, too,
 until the Sysop got a $12,000 phone bill...

 -> MegaMail v2.01 #0:12/23/1990 - R/O Capable - Route to ->RUNNINGB

 PCRelay:RUNNINGB -> #3 RelayNet (tm)
 4.10                Running Board 2126541349/DS/2125191791/HST/
 <<<>>>
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett.  You cannot Reply to the author
using email.  Please post a follow-up article, or use any instructions
the author may have included (USMail addresses, telephone #, whatever).
Report problems to: dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us or uunet!willett!dwp

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (01/06/91)

 Date: 01-03-91 (21:00)              Number: 756 of 767 (Echo)
   To: M.SPERL [MSPERL]              Refer#: 752
 From: JIM WENZEL                      Read: NO
 Subj: 32-BIT ADDRESSING IN F-PC     Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)

 M[>Since the ECFB went under, I haven't done much bbs-ing until now
 M[> that I downloaded aladdin from GEnie.  I'm just learning it (this
 M[> is my first message using it), but it's the only way to do GEnie!
 M[> Now with the star services, I can practice for 4.95/mo.!
 M[>
 M[>Sure miss the ability to zip conferences to save time downloading
 M[> them, though.

    You are always welcome to call the GrapeVine and download them.  Once
 you sign  on just type  in (J Forth)  and you are  there.. Make sure you
 leave  a  comment  to  the  sysop  <me>  so  that  I  can upgrade you to
 supporting user status that is free to all forthers'
 <<<>>>
-----

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (03/30/91)

 Date: 03-17-91 (00:40)              Number: 1522 of 1557 (Echo)
   To: LARRY ANSELL                  Refer#: NONE
 From: JACK WOEHR                      Read: NO
 Subj: YOUR QUESTIONS!               Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)

 -> Hi Jack,
 -> Larry Ansell here (if you didn't glance at the header !)
 -> I was wondering when I would expect to get a FIG mailing, perhaps for
 -> an April meeting?

         I'm trying to shake loose the April meeting from Cliff King,
 who does the mailing! Stay tuned!

 ->  Secondly, do you have an extra application form
 -> for Embedded Systems magazine?

         Hmmm ... Don't think I have any handy ... you could phone
 Miller Freeman Publications in San Francisco and request one?

 ->               Are the Genie software library files shadowed here?

         Many are.

                 =jax=

 NET/Mail : RCFB Golden, CO (303) 278-0364 VESTA & Denver FIG for Forth!
 <<<>>>
-----
This message came from GEnie via willett.  You *cannot* reply to the author
using e-mail.  Please post a follow-up article, or use any instructions
the author may have included (USMail addresses, telephone #, etc.).
Report problems to: dwp@willett.pgh.pa.us _or_ uunet!willett!dwp

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (04/06/91)

 Date: 04-01-91 (13:15)              Number: 1715 of 1715 (Echo)
   To: ROBERT MCISAAC                Refer#: 1695
 From: JACK WOEHR                      Read: NO
 Subj: FORTH-83 WORDS                Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)

 -> Can the Forth-83 required word set be downloaded from
 -> somewhere? I am giving a Forth-83 pkg for the Tandy Coco3 and
 -> don't want to photocopy the documentation.

         Download FORTH83.ARC from RCFB, number in tagline below.

                 =jax=

 Date: 04-03-91 (23:27)              Number: 1747 of 1747 (Echo)
   To: ALL                           Refer#: NONE
 From: JACK WOEHR                      Read: (N/A)
 Subj: BASIS 15 ONLINE               Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)

         BASIS15.ARC is now available on the RCFB, number in tagline
 below.
                 =jax=

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (04/09/91)

 Date: 03-27-91 (22:02)              Number: 1777 of 1777
   To: ALL                           Refer#: NONE
 From: DOUG BROOKS                     Read: (N/A)
 Subj: New Participant               Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)

           RESOURCE is now carrying this conference

 ---
    SFUTI 3.12 / Imagination-Inspiration for a resourceful Mind.
 PCRelay:RESOURCE -> #982 RelayNet (tm)
 4.10                THE RESOURCE (206)377-9404 Bremerton,Wa.
 <<<>>>
-----

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (04/11/91)

 Date: 04-08-91 (19:18)              Number: 1790 of 1790 (Echo)
   To: ALL                           Refer#: NONE
 From: MARK SMILEY                     Read: (N/A)
 Subj: NEW FORTH BOARD IN EAST       Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)

   Just wanted to tell you that Gary Smith, the kind sysop of the
 Programmer's Corner (based in Maryland), has implemented a Forth message
 area.  Perhaps this (along with this board) will help fill the void left
 by the demise of the East Coast Forth Board.
   I have just uploaded version 3.5503 of F-PC Forth there, along with
 TCOM version 1.34 (included w/ F-PC), SMILEY44.ZIP (version 4.4 of the
 graphics package), and VPSFP102.ZIP, Jack Brown's software floating
 point package v. 1.02.
   The numbers to call for access to the Programmer's Corner are:
 |                Welcome to The Programmer's Corner                    |
 |                   Brought to you by Gary Smith                       |
 |       ** Voted the Best BBS in Maryland by Computer Shopper **       |
 |           Here for the free exchange of information.                 |
 |    The Programmer's Corner can be reached by calling either          |
 |               301-596-1180 or 301-995-3744.                          |
 | 3/4 of Gigabyte HD with thousands of great Public Domain+Shareware   |
 |  programs, along with loads of source code.  More files added daily! |
 | Roll Down 1  301-596-1180 has a 9600 V.32 FDX MNP 5 Fastcomm. Node 6 |
 |           2  301-596-1187 has a 9600 V.32 FDX MNP 5 Fastcomm. Node 1 |
 |           3  301-596-0544 has a 9600 V.32 FDX MNP 5 Fastcomm. Node 2 |
 |           4  301-596-1190 has a 9600 V.32 HDX LAP-B Hayes V-Series.  |
 |                                                               Node 8 |
 |           5  301-596-1412 has a 9600 V.32 HDX LAP-B Hayes V-Series.  |
 |                                                               Node 3 |
 | Roll Down 1  301-995-3744 has a 9600 V.32 HDX LAP-B Hayes V-Series.  |
 |                                                               Node 7 |
 |          2  301-995-1508 has a 9600 V.32 FDX MNP 5 Fastcomm.  Node 5 |
 Please pass the word along.
   Hope to see you there.
 Oops, guess I messed up the line drawing, sorry about that chief.

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (04/12/91)

 Date: 04-08-91 (21:18)              Number: 1792 of 1793
   To: ALL                           Refer#: NONE
 From: ROBIN MILLER                    Read: (N/A)
 Subj: HELLO                         Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)

 OverBoard BBS (815)234-2346 is now carrying this echo through RIME. Now
 if I can get the Fidonet interested in it as well. Hello Jax, I made the
 connection. The Vesta Micro88 system is working great so far. thanks for
 all your help.

 Robin

 PCRelay:OVRBOARD -> #399 RelayNet (tm)
 4.10                OverBoard BBS - 320 Meg - (815)234-2346
 <<<>>>
-----

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (04/14/91)

 Date: 04-12-91 (10:27)              Number: 1869 of 1869
   To: JACK WOEHR                    Refer#: NONE
 From: JASON SONGHURST                 Read: 04-12-91 (22:03) HAS REPLIES
 Subj: COMMENT                       Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)
 I heard about your board from the news on the internet.  It looks good,
 I hope to be able to call again. (LD is not as nice as anon FTP paid by
 CSU)  You mentioned that you had uploaded F-3.55 to some board back
 East, why isn't it here?  Or did I miss it?
  Thanks.
 Jason

 NET/Mail : RCFB Golden, CO (303) 278-0364 VESTA & Denver FIG for Forth!
 <<<>>>

[NOTE: FPC is also available on SIMTEL20 and WUARCHIVE for those that
want anon-ftp access.  For more info on ForthNet resources and
accessing SIMTEL20 or WUARCHIVE, see the General Info post that goes
out to comp.lang.forth twice a month.  Next one due on the 15th.
-dwp]
-----

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (04/20/91)

 Date: 04-14-91 (10:15)              Number: 1905 of 1905
   To: ALL                           Refer#: NONE
 From: JAMES MCINNES                   Read: (N/A)
 Subj: NEW RELAYNET HUB              Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)

     Nano Access BBS of La Mesa, California is proud to be relaying
 this conference.

 PCRelay:NANO -> #1024
 4.10            NANO ACCESS BBS ~(619)462-3604 HST D/S 1.28GB
 <<<>>>
-----

ForthNet@willett.pgh.pa.us (ForthNet articles from GEnie) (04/24/91)

 Date: 04-21-91 (19:53)              Number: 1946 of 1954 (Echo)
   To: JAMES MCINNES                 Refer#: 1938
 From: JIM WENZEL                      Read: NO
 Subj: NEW RELAYNET HUB              Status: PUBLIC MESSAGE
 Conf: FORTH (58)                 Read Type: GENERAL (+)

 JW/ Nano Access BBS of La Mesa, California is proud to be relaying ->
     this conference.

 Welcome online

 ---
  ~ SM 1.06 A0059 ~  SH*T happens when you party naked
 <<<>>>
-----