[comp.lang.forth] L&P Forth 83 and Disk Drives

gil@jts.com (Gil Hauer ) (04/24/91)

I recently download Laxen and Perry F83 from my local BBS and started
using it however I am have a small problem ... I can only access files
while I am on drive A. Does anybody know a work-around for this?

	Gil
--
Gil Hauer              			  gil@jtsv16.jts.com
Tech Noir Inc.         	    { torsqnt | suncan | geac | uunet }!jtsv16!gil

jwoehr@isis.cs.du.edu (Jack J. Woehr) (04/24/91)

In article <1991Apr23.180024.5226@jts.com> gil@jts.com (Gil Hauer ) writes:

>I recently download Laxen and Perry F83 from my local BBS and started
>using it however I am have a small problem ... I can only access files
>while I am on drive A. Does anybody know a work-around for this?

	L&P F83 had no concept except the current dir and that it was
metacompiled in the A: drive.

	To make VIEW work without the source in A:, you will have to
re-metacompile.

	To "just program", start F83 from the directory in which
you wish to open files.
--
# ..!apple!dunike!nyx!koscej!jax       # "Therefore, the L-RD G-d  #
# ..!hplabs!hp-lsd!oldcolo!jax         #   sent him FORTH ..."     #

gil@jts.com (Gil Hauer ) (04/26/91)

In article <1991Apr24.025257.5341@mnemosyne.cs.du.edu> jwoehr@isis.UUCP (Jack J. Woehr) writes:
>In article <1991Apr23.180024.5226@jts.com> gil@jts.com (Gil Hauer ) writes:
>>
>>I recently download Laxen and Perry F83 from my local BBS and started
>>using it however I am have a small problem ... I can only access files
>>while I am on drive A. Does anybody know a work-around for this?
>
>	L&P F83 had no concept except the current dir and that it was
>metacompiled in the A: drive.
>
>	To make VIEW work without the source in A:, you will have to
>re-metacompile.
>
>	To "just program", start F83 from the directory in which
>you wish to open files.

I tried this but still go errors when I tried to OPEN the block files.