[comp.lang.forth] Standards... :-)

UNBCIC@BRFAPESP.BITNET (05/29/91)

=> Date: Tue, 28 May 91 16:02:46 EDT
=> From: Tom Reid x4505 <reid@CTC.CONTEL.COM>
=> Subject: Modula-2 Standards Committee Meeting
=> Sender: Modula2 List <INFO-M2@UCF1VM.BITNET>

=> Modulandians:
=>
=> The next meeting of the US Modula-2 Standards Committee (IEEE/MSC/P1151 and U
=> TAG) will be held Sunday/Monday, June 16/17, 1991 at the Comfort Inn in
=> Chantilly, Virginia with lodging reserved. There will also be an informal
=> meeting Saturday night beginning at 6:00 PM at a place to be determined. We a
   re
=> sorry about the late notice but the draft standard to review has been very la
   te
=> in arriving. If we can or have to, we may move the meeting sessions to the
=> Contel Technology Center in Chantilly. This may not be possible as my last da
=> of work is Tuesday, June 18.
=>
=> The Draft Standard The new draft standard has just arrived in the US in TEX
=> electronic format. I will get copies to those who are either 1) coming to the
=> meeting or 2) will make comments on it for the US delegation. I am not in a
=> position to make paper copies for general distribution. If you can ftp and
=> print TEX documents, it can be ftp-ed from my machine. If not, please call me
=> or send me mail and I will fed-ex it to you (the Contel Technology Center's
=> going-away present).
=>
=> The files are being transferred to an anonymous login account on my machine f
   or
=> those of you with internet access. My machine's name is absurd.ctc.contel.com
=> (aka 131.131.11.113). There are two files, iso.sty.Z and m2.d4.Z, in the ftp
=> unix directory /pub/p1151. The files are in compressed tar format for those w
   ho
=> can print TEX files. The following is a sample ftp session to get the two fil
   es:
=>
=>   >ftp 131.131.11.113   -- you type
=>   Connected to absurd.ctc.contel.com.
=>   220 absurd FTP server (SunOS 4.1) ready.
=>   Name (absurd.ctc.contel.com:reid): anonymous   -- you respond
=>   331 Guest login ok, send ident as password.
=>   Password:   -- you respond with any character string
=>   230 Guest login ok, access restrictions applCHAR BACy.
=>   ftp> cd pub/p1151   -- ftp> is prompt
=>   ftp> binary   -- make sure to transfer binary, not text
=>   ftp> get iso.sty.Z   -- get first file
=>   ftp get m2.d4.Z   -- get second file
=>   ftp> bye   -- terminate transfer session

[All the rest deleted.]

I just though some of you would enjoy this message.

                              (8-DCS)
Daniel C. Sobral
UNBCIC@BRFAPESP.BITNET