[comp.lang.forth] Doc. for f83?

cauhape@twg.com (Jeff P. Cauhape) (06/28/91)

Hi. My name is Jeff and I'm a FORTH user...

(Wecome Jeff!)

It's not that bad, really. I'm just an occasional user.
I received a copy of F83 some time ago from a friend of mine,
and just recently tried to use it.  The problem I've run into
is that I'm trying to learn forth from scratch using Leo Brodie's
book and it doesn't quite jive with F83.

What I want to do is to get the correct documentation for F83,
and the most current rev of F83, too, if possible.

Who do I get it from? Who do I pay and how much? (I imagine that
someone, somewhere, has to get paid for their effort.)

Any info will be appreciated.

Jeff

jwoehr@isis.cs.du.edu (Jack J. Woehr) (06/28/91)

In article <9195@gollum.twg.com> cauhape@twg.com (Jeff P. Cauhape) writes:
>Hi. My name is Jeff and I'm a FORTH user...

	... stuff ...

>What I want to do is to get the correct documentation for F83,
>and the most current rev of F83, too, if possible.
>
>Who do I get it from? Who do I pay and how much? (I imagine that
>someone, somewhere, has to get paid for their effort.)

	Forth Interest Group
	PO Box 8231
	San Jose CA 95155

	You want F83 and the book _Inside F83_ by Dr. CH Ting.

	Or perhaps if you want a more _moderne_ system, get F-PC Forth
with the various manuals FIG sells for it.

--
 # jax@well.{UUCP,sf.ca.us}  # #  Member, # # Chapter Coordinator,  #
 # isis.du.edu!koscej!jax    # # X3J14 TC # #  Forth Interest Group #